[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Wildfood.info • View topic - what have you baked today?

what have you baked today?

This is the place where the bakers hang out. Cakes and breads abound.

Re: what have you baked today?

Postby anneskitchen » September 29th, 2012, 9:41 pm

I got up stupidly early and made bacon and egg pasties for breakfast, and with leftover pastry some olive and pesto swirls
Hello edible world!

http://www.anneskitchen1.blogspot.com

Every day is a gift..that's why they call it the present
anneskitchen
Registered

Postby terifaulkner » September 30th, 2012, 10:07 am

thank you suffolk///the cake looks wonderful...I saved on favorites so I will have it...teri
terifaulkner
Registered

Postby frenchcheesequeen » October 2nd, 2012, 10:27 pm

I made a cottage pie for supper and deliberately cooked extra potatoes to mash - so a dozen potato cakes were made. Three survive. So far.
frenchcheesequeen
Registered

Postby Hope » October 4th, 2012, 5:37 pm

chocolate cupcakes with #1 son. yum!

made Dan lepard's stone fruit cake earlier in the week with nectarines. it was lovely. best warm, but still nice when cooled.
Hope
Registered

Postby irishcountry-cousin » October 4th, 2012, 8:33 pm

I had a dozen eggs that needed using and made sponges for the freezer. Also some brown bread which we had with omlettes (another 6 eggs seen to!). Getting in control of the eggs situation again, whew! I have a delivery every week and this week they seem to be backing up, but that is all sorted now. :flip:
Last edited by irishcountry-cousin on October 4th, 2012, 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
irishcountry-cousin
Registered

Postby scullion » October 4th, 2012, 9:06 pm

yet another blackberry and apple crumble!
scullion
Registered

Postby Hope » October 7th, 2012, 5:46 pm

yesterday - no-knead spelt and rye bread.

today - hairy bikers' dutch apple cake, which was a definite hit!
Hope
Registered

Postby anneskitchen » October 7th, 2012, 6:14 pm

I've baked a pear and almond upside down cake, looks and smells so good but am trying to save for tomorrow......hmm.. might not stay around that long.... :chops:
Hello edible world!

anneskitchen
Registered

Postby frenchcheesequeen » October 9th, 2012, 3:26 pm

There is a meat and potato pie in the oven and a very happy Onslow in his chair.
frenchcheesequeen
Registered

Postby MrsWWoof » October 9th, 2012, 5:33 pm

I have a "Herman" in the oven at the moment. For those not enlightened on this it's a sourdough friendship cake. Smells mighty good too.
Hold on . . . until you find your smile again.
MrsWWoof
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » October 9th, 2012, 9:34 pm

Today I tried my hand at Brioche amoungst oven cooked onions (cos mine are getting past their best), baked tatos for another time little pots of pastryless quiche made with the rest of the egg from the egg that was brushed over the brioche. It made a nice tasty starter with a few caraway seed, and a slice of the brioche. It was good because, we find some brioche are too sweet only useful for brekkie with jam etc. This one was defo not sweet and a tiny bit crumblely. I will make it again sometime.
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby Hope » October 11th, 2012, 8:24 am

yesterday - flat breads for dinner (does that count as I cooked them in the frying pan?) and cheese scones (paul hollywood's recipe). mmmm!

today (because we didn't run out of the apple cake as fast as I thought) i'm going to make the apricot cake that marmalade suggested.
Hope
Registered

Postby aero280 » October 11th, 2012, 9:53 pm

Back from holiday. Made a loaf as the small sliced French nutty one had been eaten.
aero280
Site Admin

Postby anneskitchen » October 12th, 2012, 11:08 am

I've baked a huge batch of my fruity banana breakfast bars/ flapjacks, not long out of the oven and the flat smells a little like heaven! :luv: this batch has dried cranberries, prunes, berry mix, coconut and glace cherries in and can't wait to try! Half will be stashed in freezer out of my way and the rest to a dear friend who has them in payment for doing my hair, as she won't take cash :D
Hello edible world!

anneskitchen
Registered

Postby Hope » October 12th, 2012, 12:35 pm

Anne - is the recipe on your blog? sounds lovely!
Hope
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » October 15th, 2012, 6:49 am

Hi Annie, I have a load of Nanas that need using so I would like the recipe too. Planning on lighting my oven today. Pasties for T, bread for the week, and hopefully your flapjacks. Oh, and some baked tatos for later in the week.
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby Hope » October 15th, 2012, 9:06 am

10 x mini plum pies, 2 x raspberry and blackberry pies (ran out of stewed plums) and 2 cheese straws to use all the pastry are in the oven for #1 son's lunchbox. I did plan on making them with him at the weekend, but we didn't have time and he's got afterschool club, so won't be time before dinner this evening.
Hope
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » October 16th, 2012, 6:52 am

Yesterday I finally baked................a loaf of rye bread (a packet mix) that did not rise the first time so added extra yeast and it worked ! Banana flapjack with dried cranberries, sunflower and almonds. A nectarine and ginger upside down cake with a handful of polenta for an extra crunch. A tray of roast tatos, carrots and snips.

The left over rump which was meant to go into the pasties got snaffled by Wuzzle (well half of it) Got 3 chorizo saus. out of DF and sliced, cooked and bulked out the pasties, left them ready to bake and the little b*stard stole one (raw pastry) and all and chewed it !!!!
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby Hope » October 18th, 2012, 10:13 am

Zosh - can I have your recipe for banana flapjacks please? I have bananas to use up (again!)

Today - orange victoria sandwich. I feel like I should call it a valencia sandwich! orange zest in the sponge and marmalade in the middle. I feel like it'd benefit from some orange icing, but Mr Hope doesn't like it and when #1 son eats icing it makes him sick, so maybe not!
Hope
Registered

Postby fizl » October 20th, 2012, 9:14 am

I need to make some bread, so that will get started shortly. I fancy making a sponge of some kind, or maybe some cupcakes. I'll have a browse through my books for inspiration later
fizl
Registered

Postby fizl » October 20th, 2012, 9:14 am

I need to make some bread, so that will get started shortly. I fancy making a sponge of some kind, or maybe some cupcakes. I'll have a browse through my books for inspiration later
fizl
Registered

Postby elaine » October 20th, 2012, 11:16 am

I've made an apple pie and a plum and almond tart - yummy :chops:
elaine
elaine
Registered

Postby Hope » October 20th, 2012, 5:46 pm

fruit scones made with #1 son. lovely!
Hope
Registered

Postby Hope » October 22nd, 2012, 2:21 pm

no-knead spelt rolls and HFW's pear pudding cake.
Hope
Registered

Postby EmWilk » October 22nd, 2012, 3:53 pm

I made flapjacks the other day with banana, peanut butter, cranberry, nuts and seeds.

Yesterday i made a quiche for OH's packed lunches as he's on a course for 2 weeks doing normal hours: 9-half 4 - yayyy! It was red onion, smoked bacon, cheese and thyme.

I really want to make a cake or something tonight and i've got lots of baking ingredients - loads of eggs, butter, sugars, flours, white and dark chocolates, nuts, oranges, nectarines, some shortcrust pastry and half a pot of cream. Suggestions are welcomed!
EmWilk
Registered

Postby MollyPolly » October 22nd, 2012, 4:31 pm

More shortbread but .... I was busy doing something else when the timer went to remind me to check in the oven. Told myself that "of course I'll remember to look at the shortbread when I've finished this". 12 minutes later, I remembered. So, it's a bit well done ...........
MollyPolly
Registered

Postby frenchcheesequeen » October 22nd, 2012, 7:54 pm

My new Breville pie making machine is taking over my life. So far (I won it in a raffle Saturday 13th October and did not get home until Tuesday 16th) there have been little meat and potato pies, spinach and feta pies, Bakewell tarts, Bilberry Pies and tomorrow there will be steak and kidney pies. This machine could be responsible for the end of my size 16 five years.
frenchcheesequeen
Registered

Postby frenchcheesequeen » October 23rd, 2012, 11:09 am

There are two Christmas puddings gently burbling on the hob.
frenchcheesequeen
Registered

Postby irishcountry-cousin » October 23rd, 2012, 11:30 am

24 loaves of bread :scared: and two different Nigel Slater cakes, a plum and almond and a chocolate hazelnut cake. All before 12 o clock.

Oh and pastry for a quiche for dinner. :hungry:
irishcountry-cousin
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » October 23rd, 2012, 7:40 pm

Take a house Point ICC !!!!

This morning at around 6.40 I cooked what I call scotch pancakes or in a bigger form American pancakes, Mr Zosh ate some and took some for a late brekkie at work. Not baking, but bruddy early to be playing with fire ! !
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby Suzanne » October 24th, 2012, 7:36 am

Apple and blackberry muffins last night. I have some no knead bread proving today for some garlic flatbreads and a couple of rolls. Planning on making cheese muffins tonight after work.
Suzanne
Registered

Postby MollyPolly » October 24th, 2012, 9:47 am

Yesterday I made some of Nigel Slater's Fig Flapjack.
Today, despite telling myself not to as I'm going out to lunch with friends, I ate a piece. Delicious.
MollyPolly
Registered

Postby Hope » October 24th, 2012, 9:55 am

raspberry and nectarine upside down cake with an olive oil sponge (because we've nearly run out of butter). i hope it's worked!
Hope
Registered

Postby anneskitchen » October 24th, 2012, 11:35 am

Last edited by anneskitchen on October 24th, 2012, 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hello edible world!

anneskitchen
Registered

Postby anneskitchen » October 24th, 2012, 11:37 am

Not today, but made this week 3 small loaves adapted from Lorraine Pascales 21st century bread - one got topped with chilli sea salt, one dried oregano and the last had cambazola and pickle smooshed inside :chops:
Hello edible world!

anneskitchen
Registered

Postby Hope » October 24th, 2012, 2:38 pm

Hope
Registered

Postby suffolk » October 25th, 2012, 5:29 am

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
suffolk
Registered

Postby Hope » October 25th, 2012, 9:27 am

Mr Hope said it was "ok". I thought it'd work after seeing the recipe for Jamie Oliver's olive oil fruit cake. But no. We've totally run out of butter now (can't believe how much we get through!) so I had to buy more and am now debating whether to make another cake and see if the birds like yesterday's effort!
Hope
Registered

Postby anneskitchen » October 25th, 2012, 6:34 pm

Hello edible world!

anneskitchen
Registered

Postby Breadandwine » October 25th, 2012, 9:16 pm

Hi Hope

If you run out of butter again, why not make a version of my egg-free, dairy-free chocolate cake?

I'm certain this would work.

I shall try it myself, next time I get a chance.

Cheers, Paul
Breadmaking is an easy, everyday activity - not some difficult art form!

http://nobreadisanisland.blogspot.com/
Breadandwine
Registered

Postby Hope » October 26th, 2012, 10:11 am

Thanks Paul. The other day I specifically needed to use up the nectarines that were refusing the ripen. But I definitely will make your chocolate cake one day!
Hope
Registered

Postby Hope » October 27th, 2012, 5:38 pm

made paul's chocolate cake today.

i have a bit of a problem with it... i've eaten a quarter of it already! but then i have used an awful lot of energy today.
Hope
Registered

Postby slimpersoninside » October 27th, 2012, 6:17 pm

Quick Boiled Fruit Cake from Mary Berry's Baking Bible (my new purchase), only been out of the oven about half an hour and still warm so no idea what it's like yet.

This is the third boiled fruit cake recipe I've used, like to try a few and pick a favourite :D .
slimpersoninside
Registered

Postby fizl » October 29th, 2012, 1:48 pm

Loaf of bread is cooling, and the christmas pudding is bubbling away in my makeshift steamer. The pudding basin was too big with the handles for even my pressure cooker, so it is resting on the top of the pressure cooker, with another equally large saucepan on the top making a lid.
fizl
Registered

Postby FoodMary » November 4th, 2012, 8:34 am

Yesterday I made three Christmas cakes making a total of six in all. I usually make at least a dozen but bearing in mind the chaos in my life this year have only made for family and close friends.

Mary J
I even dream about food!
FoodMary
Registered

Postby Hope » November 4th, 2012, 9:01 am

been busy this week:

baked some leftover veg and bean stew pasties (which bread "pastry"), and some no-knead rolls, lemon biscuits, linzer torte cookies and i'll have to do something today, but not sure what!
Hope
Registered

Postby slimpersoninside » November 4th, 2012, 12:16 pm

On Friday I baked two lemon drizzle cakes and the sponges for a coffee victoria sponge cake. All in the freezer now ready to finish off next week to take to work, along with a couple of others which I'll probably make on Wednesday.
slimpersoninside
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » November 4th, 2012, 2:46 pm

Yesterday I made Pecan Pie for a bonfire party. It's quite expensive to make but is so sweet it goes a long way and I love wow factor of the appearance - especially at this time of year.

Turned out to be a hit both with a professional baker and someone from the USA so I felt quite pleased!
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby anneskitchen » November 6th, 2012, 7:52 pm

I baked a sweet dough with chai soaked fruit. If I say so myself its rather heavenly. And fatal to any diet planning.
Hello edible world!

anneskitchen
Registered

Postby anneskitchen » November 7th, 2012, 4:36 pm

More baking today - made 3 loaves of lorraine pascale's 21st century cheese bread :duck:
Hello edible world!

anneskitchen
Registered

PreviousNext

Return to The Bakers Oven