Suggestions invited ..

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Suggestions invited ..

Postby PatsyMFagan » June 19th, 2017, 11:58 am

I am going to re-vamp/re-design this part of my garden where the front of the conservatory meets the fence ... I have already bought the water feature (google Gardman Vortex to see it properly) - it was on offer in my local GC for £40 so I couldn't refuse could I ? ;)

The photo shows roughly where the new feature will go (I need to get the existing external power supply re-sited) .. however, I will be removing the water butt ... don't know what I was thinking of as it doesn't collect the rain water as it should and looks horrendous. I will be re-siting it, not getting rid ;)

My intention is to change the white drain pipe with black and clad the wall behind it and also the fence in something black. ... I will place tall black pots at the back of the water feature and some lower ones round the front and fill them with ferns and hostas ...

I need suggestions for the cladding ... I will have to use the concrete support posts already there for the fence and ideally I would want a shiny surface, although I would settle for a matt black (wood) ...
Attachments
wbut.jpg
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Re: Suggestions invited ..

Postby icelesley » June 19th, 2017, 12:48 pm

I would say forget cladding in the wake of the recent problem in London. Change the down pipe maybe put some Reed fencing over the wooden one to hide IT

http://www.wickes.co.uk/Wickes-Reed-Gar ... lsrc=aw.ds
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway. Image ImageImage
icelesley
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » June 19th, 2017, 12:54 pm

earthmaiden
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » June 19th, 2017, 2:16 pm

I won't be cladding the whole wall, just the length alongside the window and behind the drain pipe. I absolutely hate reed fencing. I had in mind something like this:

https://www.pvcbuildingproducts.co.uk/f ... 619-p.html

.... but it would need a frame to be fixed to as the fence is 10 feet long .. ..
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » June 19th, 2017, 2:32 pm

no good on the wooden fence though ..:(
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » June 19th, 2017, 2:50 pm

I was thinking of the faux glaze on the fence ;)
earthmaiden
Registered

Return to The Coffee Shop