Chatterbox LXXXIV ... Ulrika

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Re: Chatterbox LXXXIV ... Ulrika

Postby Suelle » February 12th, 2019, 9:27 am

StokeySue wrote:To be fair it's not a Seasalt dedicated store in Holloway just a couple of rails in James Selby department store, squeezed in between White Stuff and Joules

I miss going to the Chichester store regularly, there are no Seasalt dedicated stores in London, which is a shame

There's one in Cambridge now - fairly accessible from London and could be combined with a day out in the summer.
Suelle
Global Moderator

Postby liketocook » February 12th, 2019, 11:05 am

Good morning,
Damp, raw and grey here this morning with a piercingly cold wind. It's supposed to be quite a bit milder but with the wind chill it certainly doesn't feel it!
After the ice lifted it was a sunny but chilly day, I made the most of the better weather and had a good potter in the garden, moving pots with daffs etc. about so I could see them better. My mini daffs are flowering and the big ones look as though they won't be far behind them :) .
I cooked a small gammon joint yesterday and steeped peas overnight which I've pressure cooked this morning, I'm just going to finish my :mug: and get the veg chopped and the soup finished.
Unless the weather picks up I doubt I'll be straying far so I'll spend this afternoon catching up on admin stuff for the out of school care group.
liketocook
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » February 12th, 2019, 11:24 am

Morning all! The mimosa sounds very pretty, Moira.

Looks quite nice outside today but still don't feel like doing much more than contemplate the next snooze. Don't want to eat much but love the sound of zosh's mincemeat and marzipan tart.

What a nuisance re the clashing meds/foods Suffs. It doesn't spund as though there is much helpful advice on how to manage cholesterol when on the other medication :rolleyes:.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » February 12th, 2019, 1:00 pm

Hello all!

I've just been out sunbathing in the three degree heat. :lol: It was only a quick phone call actually but a bit of a relief from the sauna like conditions in here. I am just about to crack open a Quorn savoury egg. I hope they don't stink the office out!

Feedback is the noise machine caught noise. Well, there's a surprise, they now have to tie in the noises with the dates and times on my diary sheets. So let's see what comes of that.

The sun has got his hat on! Better get on with things! PS - haggis stuffed cabbage leaves sound delicious! :hungry:
Imagine peace
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » February 12th, 2019, 1:35 pm

TeresaFoodie wrote:Feedback is the noise machine caught noise.

:evil: :rolleyes:
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » February 12th, 2019, 1:45 pm

Afternoon everyone :wave:

Just catching a few minutes to say Hi. Glad you slept well Suffs. Nothing like an unbroken night to lift the spirits.

I've spent the morning prepping more marmalade and just after I finished my right hand completely siezed up and I couldn't separate my fingers . As I must do some ironing now I too have taken some Solpadene. I'll watch Masterchef while I'm ironing, too late for me too.

It is a lovely day however - up to 13C at noon.
Cooking for those you care about is the most profound expression of love - Anne-Sophie Pic
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » February 12th, 2019, 2:44 pm

I am making Fesanjan for supper. There is a large quantity of sauce so most of it will be frozen, probably for use when we have visitors next month. I ground up 600g walnuts in the food processor. Can you imagine crushing that quantity of nut with a pestle? :o

Moira
When life gives you lemons, make sorbet
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » February 12th, 2019, 6:46 pm

Thanks EM I have also added crepes suzettes to the pudd menu, that way I have enough choice for both venues.

That's a lot of walnuts Moira....

Screedy man had been and our floor level has been raised quite a lot. Cats have been banned from the area until Thursday am so sure noses will be out of joint !

I went to coffee and cake at the village hall and a lovely social ensued...... Some veg has been prepped and a plan is in process for lunch on Sat. for 4 and lunch on Sun. for 6. I will be shattered I fear.....
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby Cheezy_Jazzy » February 12th, 2019, 10:09 pm

Evening all :wave:

A quick pop in before I head to bed :wave:
ImageImageImageImage
Cheezy_Jazzy
Registered

Postby suffolk » February 12th, 2019, 10:40 pm

Sweet dreams everyone ... :D
“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
suffolk
Registered

Postby uschi » February 12th, 2019, 11:27 pm

Gute Nacht! Schlaft alle schön!!! :wave:
uschi
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » February 12th, 2019, 11:58 pm

Yummy dreams everyone from the Dunstable camp x
Imagine peace
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » February 13th, 2019, 7:08 am

Good Morning Wild Ones, a bit late reporting in as I had to take Deb to the clinic for a minor procedure, I will collect her later. The traffic was very heavy but cleared by the time I returned via a coffee shop.

Moira
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » February 13th, 2019, 7:45 am

Morning all. Rain here and pigeons cooing loudly. Better get on. Hope Deb is ok Moira! Have a good day all. Catch you lunchtime.
Imagine peace
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby icelesley » February 13th, 2019, 8:28 am

Good morning wild ones. It's dry here and not cold. We are forecast Sun later :D today we are having a day off from decorating. Kai has to go to the vet's for his booster jab, so as we are out, we will call in and look at carpets and sofas as we are passing ;)
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway. Image ImageImage
icelesley
Registered

Postby suffolk » February 13th, 2019, 9:10 am

Good morning all :D :mug:
A reasonable night again thanks to the painkillers. Tennis today ... as the muscle problem is worst on my left side and I’m right handed I’ll go along for a gentle game ... then
pop in to Wrose ...
“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
suffolk
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » February 13th, 2019, 9:39 am

Morning everyone :wave:

Orange peel simmering away downstairs and it's warm enought to have the kitchen window wide open to let the steam escape. Gran used to wash the kitchen walls with the condesation from marmalade making :scared: '

Mr R is very excited because he has had an amazing link pop up on the DNA site. It would seem that the person is in fact a cousin, teice removed whose mother must have been the illegitimate child of the sister of his grandmother - if you follow me. The interesting thing - he says- is that not one of the surnames on his family tree matches a single one on his ;)

Have a nice day everyone
Cooking for those you care about is the most profound expression of love - Anne-Sophie Pic
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby liketocook » February 13th, 2019, 12:43 pm

Good afternoon everyone,
Rats - I find the steam from releasing the pressure on my pressure cooker fab for cleaning my cooker lid ;) :D
Grey, damp and chilly here with a biting wind. One of those days where your face goes numb quite quickly when you are out in it.
I was back at the dentist for x-rays following last week's mouth/throat abscess. Thankfully my teeth all look fine so it would seem to have originated in my throat as the dentist suspected. The area is still quite inflamed but she thinks it will settle without further meds, she'll check it next week when I'm back next week to get a filling replaced and a scale & polish. One of the dental nurses had brought her 7 week old baby for a visit. The wee one was adorable and think the whole place was feeling broody :lol: :lol:
liketocook
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » February 13th, 2019, 12:59 pm

Hello :wave:.
Gosh, these DNA tests are opening cans of worms our forebears hoped had been firmly closed aren't they! I think it really hits home that one could be quite closely related in some way to anyone one passes in the street.

I have never had Fesenjan but always wanted to try it. No, the thought of pounding all those walnuts with pestle and mortar is not attractive :lol: . I hope all is well with Debs, Moira.

Feeling a bit more human today. I am supposed to be back at work tomorrow but have called in sick for 2 days. It means I shall do very little today then spend the next couple of days trying to get up to speed. The thought of cleaning up and doing laundry doesn't seem quite as impossible today. I had better go in on Saturday as it's my birthday and it will look as though I am pulling a fast one if I stay off.

The sun is out - looks glorious out there.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » February 13th, 2019, 1:27 pm

Glad you are feeling a bit better em. It's Mr R's birthday on Saturday too. I've excused him the market.
Marmalde jarred and stickiness got rid of. I've got enough softened peel and juice to make the same amount again. Might do it later while he is at chess club - then I can nick some of his bourbon or single malt ;)
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » February 13th, 2019, 1:30 pm

Glad you are feeling a bit better em. It's Mr R's birthday on Saturday too. I've excused him the market.
Marmalde jarred and stickiness got rid of. I've got enough softened peel and juice to make the same amount again. Might do it later while he is at chess club - then I can nick some of his bourbon or single malt ;)
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby suffolk » February 13th, 2019, 1:40 pm

Hello folks ... back from tennis and still in one piece :D

Glad you’re on the mend EM and that LTCs abscess has settled. :tu:

After tennis I had a call from OH as he had some empty boxes at work and we have plans to ‘sort out’ the bulging bookshelves, so I’ve just been up there for a boot load :D

Veggies are all prepped for a stir fry for supper, so I’ll get on with the knitting ...
suffolk
Registered

Postby suffolk » February 14th, 2019, 6:40 am

Good morning all. :D :mug:

Goodness me, we must’ve all been busy yesterday afternoon :)
suffolk
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » February 14th, 2019, 6:48 am

Good Morning Wild Ones, it was quiet here yesterday evening, where was Grassy?
Deb phoned at 7 00pm, is now home and has an appointment with her surgeon tomorrow morning. She had her surgery at one of the local private clinics, all satisfactory but access there is terrible. You have to cross the median strip of a main road, take a side turning, turn round in that turning, then drive 100 metres in the opposite direction to which you came to another side turning, drive around three sides of a rectangle then find a parking space. How anyone in distress finds it I do not know, there is no signage.
Deb's appointment coincides with our usual Mah Jong session, so I shall very bravely go early, sit in a comfy chair, by a fire, drink coffee and eat a bacon roll ;)

Moira :mug:
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » February 14th, 2019, 6:58 am

It's foggy out there....... The barricade is now down and all 3 fluffs have traversed over the new raised floor and found their way in and back to the food !

Yesterday was hectic, the lorry with the coral sandstone (3 crates of the stuff) arrived but the tailgate was not operational, it was very hit and miss. Ended up getting an engineer out from Bristol and he had to replace some cable, so 4 hours later the sandstone was deposited on our drive. I had to re-schedule today and have my hair cut yesterday and a visit to town. Whilst in town, builder phone me and said "have you decided on the shower you want", nope as no one had said I needed to....... So dashed to City Plumbing and sorted the one that had the least chrome to clean and the nicest lines within our budget. It arrives on Monday so they will run it out to us then.

Popped into the tile shop and paid for and chose floor tiles for new bathroom. Think I will have the same for the new utility, they will hide a multitude of sins !!

Picked up a whole pile of RTC stuff as I was in town so late.....30p for a large tray of prepped Broc & Cauli. that will come in very handy for Sunday lunch. Some nice cheeses for pennies, a plethora of various breads, again for pennies.

I crashed out at 10pm and could not keep my eyes open....

:hug: :hug: for all those with health issues and aches and pains. I need to go and light my kettle...
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby icelesley » February 14th, 2019, 8:01 am

Good morning wild ones. It's cool here but no fog or rain. :D Veg shopping this morning and a pop into another carpet shop just to compare prices. The carpet surveyor is coming tomorrow to measure up and confirm the cost, I hope the guesstimate is over :o :o
icelesley
Registered

Postby liketocook » February 14th, 2019, 10:23 am

Good morning everyone,
Glad you are feeling better EM.
I'm not sure what the weather will do today, for the last hour it has trying to be sunny & trying to rain at the same time! If the rain holds off I want to cut back a cotoneaster. I left it unpruned in the Autumn as the birds adore the berries, these have all now been scoffed so time for a much needed cut back as it has ambitions to take over the world :lol: :lol:
This afternoon I want to decide what annuals I want in the garden this year and get the plug plants ordered :D
liketocook
Registered

Postby suffolk » February 14th, 2019, 10:27 am

Came downstairs to find a box of Belgian chocs on the sofa :luv: ... and we’d agreed it was ‘cards only’ cos he’s taking me out for a meal tomorrow for a delayed birthday treat :D

I have a moussaka to make today ...
suffolk
Registered

Postby WWordsworth » February 14th, 2019, 11:12 am

Better get your jobs done first Suffs, before you sit down with chocs and coffee.
WWordsworth
Registered

Postby suffolk » February 14th, 2019, 11:17 am

I’ll save them until this evening ..... :luv:
suffolk
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » February 14th, 2019, 12:17 pm

Hello! What a glorious day!

Feeling slightly envious of all the new housey things people are having done, but not of the upheaval. Have been thinking how nice it would be to move into a simple, modern building with everything 'done' - and done properly. Maybe the Premium Bonds mentioned recently will be just the ticket to such dreams!

Hope you are doing ok now ltc. :hug:

Was treated to a string of calls and texts at 6am because the manager I spoke to yesterday to say I would be off sick had clearly forgotten to act on the information. Rather glad I have a timed entry on my phone. It means no effort was made to get anyone else so my team will have a busy day and will be cussing me. Rather disappointing all round. Trying to do some odd jobs today with rests inbetween.

Hope Cupid has been busy in Wildieland! :luv:
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby suffolk » February 14th, 2019, 1:14 pm

House clean and tidy (ish) , laundry seen to and moussaka made and ready to bake later. Phew! I need a sit down and a mug of soup ....
suffolk
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » February 14th, 2019, 1:15 pm

Afternoon all :wave:

It is another lovely day though very chilly first thing. Realised on the way into town that the Gilet Jaunes are dismantling their roundabout HQ, In the supermarket we :wave: noticed a mamber of staff going round and telling others that there is to be "Manif" - demonstration - this afternoon in town. it is apparently in support of Macron.

Don't eat all the choccies at once Suffs. Mr R always grumbles that me not eating chocolate very often means he has one thing less to get me! I got a boquet of roses with a bottle of Hendrick's gin buried in the middle :tu: :tu: . He loved the book I got for him, he says he'll leave it to the village library in his will.

Haven't eaten much lunch today to ensure room for tonight's dinner.
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby Meganthemog » February 14th, 2019, 2:25 pm

I had a beautiful scarf from katievictoria-textiles.com - Katie makes all her textiles on an old-fashioned knitting machine. We met her at a market in Swansea Marina on Sunday and OH bought me a gorgeous Merino wool scarf. We don't normally 'do' Valentine's Day :lol: Tonight DD is going out with her partner and spending the night away - we are babysitting GS so the three of us will go out for a romantic dinner :lol:
DD's partner has booked for the 3 of them to go to Tenerife at half term - he will tell her tonight as part of his surprise. :luv:
Meganthemog
Registered

Postby Busybee » February 14th, 2019, 2:52 pm

I’m pleased as punch at the valentines card I sent OH it reads:

Roses are red, violets blue, the dog is my favourite but you are OK too.

Fortunately we both share the same sense of humour and love of the dog!

BB
Busybee
Registered

Postby StokeySue » February 14th, 2019, 4:28 pm

Good afternoon
Not visible earlier as I left my ready readers at cook book club last night and couldn’t be bothered to retrieve them as it’s a long round trip and they were on their last legs. Also my proper reading glasses turned up, as I half expected at 3 this afternoon. Crikey, that’s better.

Glad you are feeling better earthmaiden I’ve been accusing myself of hypochondria as I’ve had a bit of a sore throat all week and I’ve felt below par. Then I found that Heidi, who I sat next too at Saturday lunch has had the same, so clearly a bug. The knowledge in itself makes me feel a bit better, as it always does somehow.

Lovely day for Valentines Day, sunny and the crocuses are out. Hope everyone enjoys their treats, I’m going to the WI to discuss national resolutions :lol: Been out and about running errands and cutting through the cemetery park as much as possible so have njoyed the sun

Have a good day
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby scullion » February 14th, 2019, 4:43 pm

scullion
Registered

Postby Busybee » February 14th, 2019, 5:00 pm

scullion wrote:premium bonds come up yet?
https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-fo ... 85792.html

I like that it has sea views and glimpses, don’t think I have seen that before.

BB
Busybee
Registered

Postby nursemimi » February 14th, 2019, 5:21 pm

Hello everyone I am home today was supposed to work but I haven't felt good all week so
stayed home today to try and kick whatever bug is trying to get me. Sent OH off to work then went back to
bed slept till 9:30. I will finish up some school work that is due next week . I will have to go to town we are almost out
of cat food :shock: It is a lovely day today warm and just a light breeze. cold and rain forecast for tomorrow yuck

Mimi
nursemimi
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » February 14th, 2019, 6:54 pm

:hug: to everyone feeling under the weather.

:luv: to anyone missing a Valentine's card today. I opened my front door this evening expecting a great big pile on my doormat and an exhausted postman who had spent all day shoving them in. Not one. :lol: I will be pleased when the bombardment of red things in shop windows and doorways stops. :rolleyes:

My own Valentine's gift to me tonight is a RTC pasta salad meal and a watch of Back In Time For School as tonight will bring back memories being my secondary school era. It just coincides with a FB discussion about the sad demolition of said school and a current rebuild. Chat with others has unearthed old school mates and their siblings, also memories of things long forgotten such as teachers' names, catchphrases and things like location on corridors of water fountains! No carrying plastic water bottles around when I were a lass! You had to queue halfway round the block to slurp your quota. My mum went to the same school as me and as I go by my mum's maiden name (long story) I have found one of her school friends from the 50's, still going strong.Should be a nostalgic hour and am quite looking forward to it. Nothing else on as far as I can see....
Imagine peace
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » February 14th, 2019, 7:26 pm

Hope your throat doesn't come to anything more Sue. So many nasty different things about, roll on spring! I have had nasty flu-like bugs twice in the two years since I started having flu jabs :evil:.

Nice little house Scully.

I have had my most active day in over a week. Got lots of cleaning up and laundry done. Not very romantic but I was quite pleased ;).

You've reminded me of the 50th reunion I went to last year Tezza, so many lives which have taken different turns but all with that shared base that seemed like yesterday.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » February 14th, 2019, 8:36 pm

What a day ! Up at 5.30 - I awoke to a large heavy lump on my tummy - it was Wuzzle. He yowled until I got up and let him out at 6.15am Later 3 trades arrived, sparkey, plumber and the builder. Realised that funds were required (again) for Monday so a visit to town was necessary, brought home chips for the crew - what a happy gang ! I am nearly out of milk, coffee and T is not far behind...... Nevertheless, I now nearly have a stunning platform that is constructed out of coral sandstone for the new wood burning stove that is imminent. Not sure that the builder is happy about the amount of work that has ensued.... Mr. Z. is not happy as the tricity has tripped 5 times so far this evening. No doubt it will be corrected tomorrow. Wonderful eggy pasta with cream, truffle with a tad of garlic and shallot with a bottle of Saumur Champiney (sp) preceded with goose rillets on sourdough for starter and just about to finish with a salted caramel cheesecake with a glass of salted caramel liqueur... then I may need a receptacle..... :scared: :scared: Happy Valentines Everyone....
Last edited by Zosherooney on February 15th, 2019, 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » February 14th, 2019, 10:57 pm

Sounds like heaven Zosh. Sweet dreams. Catch you all morrowside :hug:
Imagine peace
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby StokeySue » February 14th, 2019, 11:03 pm

We had a very good WI meeting, three new young members, Valentines refugees? We decided that our best choice for the national resolution was pelvic health.

Bed calls
Night night
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » February 15th, 2019, 6:18 am

Good Morning Wild Ones, it rained all night, it looks very black out over the sea, the weather is coming from that direction.
The Cypriots have taken to Valentines Day, a demonstration of the power of advertising as historically it is not on the Cypriot calendar, Yesterday there were at least two men in the till queue clutching flowers.

Moira :mug:
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » February 15th, 2019, 7:27 am

Morning all, I have a bit of a sticky head !!!! Self inflicted, my own fault.

All trades due back today and more of the coral sandstone going up on the corner walls behind where the woodburning stove will be sited on Monday. We really need to sort out the tricity problem, the power went off 8 times in all last night, can't have that with two lunch situations this coming weekend. :scared:

The girls from restorative justice are back at midday, we have had to compile an outcome/agreement. We feel we have a balanced list but no doubt :evil: will not like our suggestions. She seems to take and not give..... Her linkdin profile says she is a good team player, able to deal with people and can sort difficult situations..... I don't think this is true :| :|
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby icelesley » February 15th, 2019, 7:53 am

Good morning wild ones. It's very frosty this morning, but we are promised sunshine later :tu: the first carpet surveyor is coming today, I will be amazed if he turns up. The next one will be on Monday, I have more faith in them, we shall see. The walls are all painted, just a second coat To go on the chimney breast then its the glossing. :D
icelesley
Registered

Postby aero280 » February 15th, 2019, 8:14 am

Zosherooney wrote:Later 3 trades arrived, sparkey, plumber and the builder. Realised that funds were required (again) for Monday so a visit to town was necessary, brought home chips for the crew - what a happy gang !

I haven't been anywhere. I pay my builders by online bank transfer...
http://www.saabtechtalk.com/
aero280
Site Admin

Postby suffolk » February 15th, 2019, 8:16 am

Good morning all :D
It’s a beautiful morning ... a perfect day to lunch at the White Horse overlooking the mudflats at Brancaster 8-)
suffolk
Registered

Postby WWordsworth » February 15th, 2019, 8:23 am

I'm off to the auction house shortly with another boxful of Mum's stuff.
Only one item has been rejected as unsaleable so far.

Cleared the shed at Mum's last weekend, it necessitated SIX trips to the tip and one to the charity shop.

SFH had left a box in the house labelled "rubbish"
It contained a piece of Aynsley china and a Caithness crystal dish :?
WWordsworth
Registered

PreviousNext

Return to The Coffee Shop