[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Wildfood.info • View topic - Goodbye tension, hello pension! (Credited to Iansinfrance)

Goodbye tension, hello pension! (Credited to Iansinfrance)

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Goodbye tension, hello pension! (Credited to Iansinfrance)

Postby Busybee » May 23rd, 2013, 6:42 am

The day has finally arrived............my last day in paid employment! I must admit that although this is my choice and I have been looking forward to it, now that its here I am a mass of contradicting emotions.

Just need to hold it together in front of patients/public I encounter, I can be a heap of blubbering tears with my colleagues!

Scary but exciting times ahead.

BB
Busybee
Registered

Re: Goodbye tension, hello pension! (Credited to Iansinfranc

Postby FoodMary » May 23rd, 2013, 6:53 am

Enjoy everything BB. Life is too short to have regrets. Do all the things you've always wanted to, live for every moment.

Warmest wishes and love for a happy time

Mary J XX
I even dream about food!
FoodMary
Registered

Postby icelesley » May 23rd, 2013, 7:01 am

BB you will be fine. Shed a tear and wave goodbye but do not look back, just keep walking into your new stress free life. My OH retired early and he is thoroughly enjoying it 4 years later. You will be OK, have fun. :cocktail: I wish it was me :mrgreen:
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway. Image ImageImage
icelesley
Registered

Postby uschi » May 23rd, 2013, 7:35 am

Congratulations!!!!
I hope you'll have a great time!!!

uschi
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » May 23rd, 2013, 7:39 am

A momentous day, but happy new beginnings are always good. Enjoy every minute of the days ahead!
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby ianinfrance » May 23rd, 2013, 7:41 am

Hi Busybee,

Hope your last day is more sweet than sad. It's true that retirement can take some getting used to. I remember when we first arrived here, we'd be in the village, buying bread or whatever, and after 5 minutes, Jacquie would say "Well, I guess we'd better be getting on." And I'd say, "Why?. We can always do it tomorrow". (In any case there wasn't anything particularly to do. Just many years' worth of work habits).
--
All the best
Ian

The Earth is degenerating today. Bribery and corruption abound. Children no longer obey their parents, every man wants to write a book, and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching.
ianinfrance
Global Moderator

Postby PurpleLuv » May 23rd, 2013, 7:46 am

Retiring at your age, I'm on a mission now to become a "lady who lunches" too :lol:

Enjoy today, meet up soon :tu:
PurpleLuv
Global Moderator

Postby suffolk » May 23rd, 2013, 8:24 am

Enjoy today Busybee, and enjoy tomorrow even more :D

I had my last ever appraisal yesterday and was asked how I wanted to spend my last day at work :bounce: I'm running to catch up with you :hi5:
“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
suffolk
Registered

Postby Busybee » May 23rd, 2013, 8:33 am

Purps,

I have to remind you we are northern lasses..........................therefore the correct terminology is 'ladies wot lunch' :lol: :lol:

thanks everyone, I have just arrived in work to find my office covered with pictures of Paul Hollywood, Anton Du Bek and Philip Schofield..........................sorry, but they know my 'tastes' so well!!!

Suffs, I have a lovely day planned and will spend most of it swanning around the wards generaaly holding court and then we are having afternoon tea for about 45.

speak later peeps.

BB
Busybee
Registered

Postby 4dogsagain » May 23rd, 2013, 8:38 am

Enjoy your retirement, BB. I retired four times, and since the last one, I have never been busier! I now have a nice little business making crochet baby things for a lady who has a business selling them. I am also a designer for Woolhogs.co.za, and sell on their site. I am building up stock for our annual "Creations" craft market at our local museum. This runs for three weeks, and is very, very popular, especially for those looking for Christmas presents.
I started a blog, telling people about the things that I do. Have a look at it sometime - now that you have the time!
Don't stop doing things because you are growing old; you only grow old if you stop doing things.
4dogsagain
Registered

Postby aero280 » May 23rd, 2013, 8:49 am

It's nearly three years since I retired. I was planning to do some part time consultancy, but I became ill for a while and then I found that I could survive quite happily without any work. So I just do what I want, when I want to. It's great.

I sure you will enjoy retirement. Somehow you seem to fill the time without actually doing anything very much. In fact, I'm writing this in bed. I will probably get up for a snack lunch..... :)
aero280
Site Admin

Postby philFrance » May 23rd, 2013, 9:04 am

Enjoy, BB! I have five more years to go.

Phil
philFrance
Registered

Postby ShotleyGirl » May 23rd, 2013, 10:45 am

BB I'm so :mrgreen: I have many years to work unfortunately, or should that be fortunately in this current climate :tu:

Enjoy your retirement and just remember to switch that darnd alarm clock off :hug:
Laughter is brightest where food is best - Irish Proverb
ShotleyGirl
Registered

Postby icelesley » May 23rd, 2013, 10:47 am

I have 8 years to go unless I win a masive amount on lotto ;)
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway. Image ImageImage
icelesley
Registered

Postby spotteddick » May 23rd, 2013, 12:50 pm

Though I was 65 on Monday, I do not officially retire until the end of July (though unofficially I retired 18 months ago when the didn't give me early retirement 8-) ), I have been helping my young colleague (only 53 in October) who has a lot of years ahead of him and a very uncertain future. I on the other hand am so looking forward to my retirement, what with traveling the world, hunting and fishing, I am also building a workshop in my cellar and that will jkeep me busy.
I will not shed one tear when I leave, why? I have had good times and I have had bad times, mostly good I hasten to add, it was not until this last government decided that private was better and started slashing jobs left, right and centre, that things started to fall apart. I have made my feelings and thoughts plain and they know (at a high level) what my predictions are, (they are already starting to come true).
So I have aided my young colleague to make the transition as painless as possible, I wish him and all the good sorts in the department (including all those who have served past and present) all the best for the future, but to the mandrins, grey suits and chinless wonders in higher places, I hope they burn in hell.
Me I am off enjoying myself!
Cheers

Dick

Just because you're wandering doesn't mean you're lost!!

http://spotteddick-itsallinthegame.blogspot.com/
spotteddick
Registered

Postby aero280 » May 23rd, 2013, 1:48 pm

Ah Dick! Your thoughts run so close to mine. The future is not good for the young 'uns. :(

Those in work will be outsourced and costs will be cut, along with pay and conditions. While the faceless wonders at the top and outside the organisation will grow rich.

My pension is index linked. Every year it's catching up with the salary I retired on. :)

(does that mean that I'm one of the people growing rich at other's expense? :o :o )
aero280
Site Admin

Postby StokeySue » May 23rd, 2013, 2:15 pm

Enjoy Busybee! :hi5:

I am in the section of the populaiton that has had the state retirement age pulled back several times and I'm not due to retire for a while yet, though I may try to go for a little earlier, as there are things I'd like to do while the faculties hold up
StokeySue
Registered

Postby Sloe-Gin » May 23rd, 2013, 2:48 pm

Enjoy a long and happy retirement, BB! Can I join yo and purps in a 'ladies wot lunch' lunch please?
Eat, drink and be merry
Sloe-Gin
Registered

Postby hickybank » May 23rd, 2013, 3:01 pm

Welcome to the best years of your life, enjoy it
Terry
Common sense is not so common
A brain is as strong as it's weakest think
hickybank
Registered

Postby mogatogs » May 23rd, 2013, 4:20 pm

Busybee

I am so :mrgreen: really enjoy it and don't let them persuade you to go back part time, which apparently happens a lot in the NHS, glad I work for a practice but get the NHS benefits - remind me what they are :lol:
mogatogs
Registered

Postby Busybee » May 23rd, 2013, 5:18 pm

:lol: :lol: Mogs, I have given strict instructions to HR that if they ever come across my name applying to go ' on the bank', or to come back part time they have to shoot me!!

I have had a lovely day, only one set of tears when I went into the room they were holding my 'do' In and I saw my old line manager, we go back many years.

I was fortunate to be given lots of lovely gifts, funny how most of then had a foodie theme plus gift vouchers for one of my favourite handbag shops. My house is now smelling like a florists due to all the flowers.

Thank you for all your good wishes, I am looking forward to the future and the two volunteering roles I have taken on.

BB
Last edited by Busybee on May 23rd, 2013, 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Busybee
Registered

Postby scullion » May 23rd, 2013, 5:35 pm

good luck in your new career as a lady of leasure! the future starts here!
scullion
Registered

Postby philFrance » May 24th, 2013, 7:55 pm

I couldn't agree more with your sentiments, Dick!

Have fun!

Phil
philFrance
Registered

Return to The Coffee Shop