[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Wildfood.info • View topic - Your favourite photo.s

Your favourite photo.s

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Re: Your favourite photo.s

Postby hickybank » November 13th, 2010, 12:06 pm

Common sense is not so common
A brain is as strong as it's weakest think
hickybank
Registered

Postby Luca » November 13th, 2010, 12:28 pm

I rather like this fellow from the Kruger Park. A lilac breasted roller....

Lilac breasted roller.jpg
Luca
Global Moderator

Postby uschi » November 13th, 2010, 1:07 pm

That one I want as a brooch!!!! :luv: :D :twisted:
uschi
Registered

Postby Luca » November 13th, 2010, 1:28 pm

I've seen some pictures of the things you can make and I bet you can make that! It's my husband's photo not mine I have to admit!
Luca
Global Moderator

Postby uschi » November 13th, 2010, 1:43 pm

Just think what I could do if I could get my hands on the feathers :shock: ... (no need to brutalise the animal, I'd settle for what it sheds naturally).
uschi
Registered

Postby Luca » November 13th, 2010, 1:47 pm

We have family there..... I'll put the word out! :D
Luca
Global Moderator

Postby chools » November 13th, 2010, 5:45 pm

Dug out and uploaded my 'best' to date raptor photo

I didn't have my 'big' lens with me, nor my tripod, but at least I had the camera! The buzzard was gently combing the sea cliffs and was joined by a pal shortly after I took this photo, but much further away by then

KrC
chools

Postby hickybank » November 15th, 2010, 3:44 pm

What a wonderful day today a typical bright Autumn day, I love days like this.

Today we went a walk along a local canal, loads of birds around in actual fact there was no need to leave the car park as the bird feeders were alive with birds.

Anyway here are a few pics from today.
Canal scene
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hickybank/5178957240/
Swan
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hickybank/5178957240/
Swan family
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hickybank/5178994104/
Nuthatch
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hickybank/5178950558/

Cheers
Terry
hickybank
Registered

Postby chools » November 19th, 2010, 8:01 pm

Canal looks like a nice walk Terry, I always like water

I took my small camera to Edinburgh but all the shots are of poor quality, I blame the camera ;)

It wasn't at it's biggest nor brightest, and it is a little hazy tonight but I'm quite pleased with a shot of the moon taken just now

I must try taking more night shots. I should really wander down to the beach away from the towns light pollution as well

KrC
chools

Postby hickybank » November 19th, 2010, 8:53 pm

Hi chools,
That is pretty impressive, was that hand held or tripod.

I think I have a problem with the autofocus when using telephoto.

I took several pictures of our bird table today & everyone was out of focus.

I have just been out & took pictures of the moon & none are as sharp as yours.

As we are touring Canada & Alaska next year I dont think I want to trust this camera.

I have been looking at a replacement & think I have settled on the Canon EOS 550 D with a Canon 18-200mm lens, a little pricey but think the results will be worth it.

I will wait now for the sales & keep my fingers crossed, but need to do it before the VAT rise in Jan.

Keep the pictures coming

cheers
Terry
hickybank
Registered

Postby chools » November 19th, 2010, 9:10 pm

Last edited by chools on November 19th, 2010, 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chools

Postby hickybank » November 19th, 2010, 9:31 pm

Thanks chools, I will check The Tamron lens out against the Canon lens & see how they stack up, it would be a good saving.

cheers
Terry
hickybank
Registered

Postby chools » November 22nd, 2010, 2:40 pm

Edited some more photos and found this summer holiday shot of a

Nice to find summer photos on a winter's day!

KrC
chools

Postby Monnikka » November 22nd, 2010, 2:46 pm

Monnikka
Registered

Postby chools » November 22nd, 2010, 2:54 pm

chools

Postby Monnikka » November 22nd, 2010, 3:09 pm

Tee-hee :lol:
Monnikka
Registered

Postby ianinfrance » November 22nd, 2010, 3:35 pm

This one of my favourite flower photos. Common in cultivation, the dog's tooth violet (which is no more a violet that the Iris was a lily :D ) is unknown in the wild (where we found it) North of the Pyrenees. We found ours about 5 miles from us here.
erythronium.jpg
Erythronium Dens Canis near Albussac.
Last edited by ianinfrance on November 22nd, 2010, 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--
All the best
Ian

The Earth is degenerating today. Bribery and corruption abound. Children no longer obey their parents, every man wants to write a book, and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching.
ianinfrance
Global Moderator

Postby hickybank » November 22nd, 2010, 6:32 pm

Hi Ian,
Wecome to the Wildfood Photographic Society.

We are please to tell you your picture has been accepted and your membership card is in the post. :D

With flowers I think it is all down the the light,did you use fill in flash with that or was it just a very sunny day, its a very nice picture & unusual.

We went for our walk again today to our favourite birding spot, here are a few pictures,

Nuthatch
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hickybank/5198518049/

Coal Tit
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hickybank/5198520089/

Canal scene

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hickybank/5199116998/

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread, there has been some great pictures

cheers
Terry
hickybank
Registered

Postby ianinfrance » November 22nd, 2010, 10:02 pm

--
All the best
Ian

The Earth is degenerating today. Bribery and corruption abound. Children no longer obey their parents, every man wants to write a book, and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching.
ianinfrance
Global Moderator

Postby uschi » November 22nd, 2010, 10:08 pm

Great pictures. I saw several hundreds of cranes flying overhead today. Alas, no camera.
And even if it had been in my rucksack, I would not have been able to snap fast enough before they disappeared over the rooftops.

They flew in wonderful formation. Not a V, but several of them.
uschi
Registered

Postby chools » November 22nd, 2010, 10:15 pm

chools

Postby ianinfrance » November 22nd, 2010, 10:21 pm

I've tried taking bird photos, but there's only one I'm really happy with. It was after some really heavy snow, and a troop of starlings came down to borrow our bird table as shelter. Note the look-out they posted. But first. a really rare parasitic flower. Lives on the roots of willow in damp places.
purple_toothwort.jpg

Here are my starlings
Brrr-starlings-0106.jpg

Uschi, did you get my PM?
--
All the best
Ian

ianinfrance
Global Moderator

Postby uschi » November 22nd, 2010, 10:34 pm

uschi
Registered

Postby ianinfrance » November 22nd, 2010, 11:08 pm

--
All the best
Ian

ianinfrance
Global Moderator

Postby hickybank » November 22nd, 2010, 11:13 pm

Hi Ian,
My birdtable was mugged by Starings today there were 15 on the table but camera not to hand, so will have it ready for tomorrows invasion

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hickybank/5199266401/

cheers
Terry
hickybank
Registered

Postby hickybank » November 23rd, 2010, 9:12 am

hickybank
Registered

Postby uschi » November 23rd, 2010, 10:26 am

Oh, it's not just me, then. I've had to log in several times over the last three days although I accept cookies from this site and have the "remember be" box ticked. Ah well, the net has been odd for a fortnight or so.
uschi
Registered

Postby chools » November 23rd, 2010, 10:29 am

I wish that we just had starlings raiding the bird food in the garden, but we get fearless seagulls as well. This one managed to knock the bird feeder of the hook on the kitchen window, and then once on the ground it shook it till the top came off and it could get at the seed. I think (seagulls) are beautiful birds although I have to be careful who I say that to, as many see them as 'flying sea rats' or worse

gull.jpg

Our starlings have become very fond of perching on the rigging of boats at the harbour late afternoon. Judging from the mess on the decks of boats that are currently eating a lot of red berries!

Terry, I think you 'need' that new camera for the snow this year ;)

KrC
chools

Postby chools » November 23rd, 2010, 10:32 am

chools

Postby chools » November 24th, 2010, 3:22 pm

A few rays of winter sun through the kitchen window made me think it would be 'nice' for a walk. I managed to the end of the east pier by which time it had rained heavily and we'd had hail stones as well. I was wrapped to the point that the strong wind might blow me away through my large area of clothing, the remaining exposed areas of my face where stung by the wet, cold weather
A rogue wave managed to soak my legs in taking this , luckily there was no-one nearby to hear my wimpish yelp as the cold sea water leaked through my layers
I'm beginning to think its much easier to have to take a dog for a walk than a camera!

KrC
chools

Postby hickybank » November 24th, 2010, 4:17 pm

Hi chools.

The answer is "no" it was well worth getting wet for.
As a very famous Scot once said (" there is no such thing as bad weather only the wrong clothes")

I am really looking forward to ordering a new camera, seeing the quality of your pictures tells me what a big differece there is.

Interestingly.
The Canon550D in the UK is around £565-£600 (body only)
The same camera in Japan is called the KISSX4 550D & in Nrth America it is the Rebel2i 550D, they are all the same camera but the KISS & Rebel are £100 cheaper & you can buy them from a UK dealer for that reduced price so why do Canon charge us a higher price, rip off or what.

Cheers
Terry
hickybank
Registered

Postby chools » November 24th, 2010, 4:26 pm

Aye, oor Billy says a lot of things :lol:

Yes, I know of the 'Rebel' tag in the US (why do you think I bought it :D ) but I'm wary of buying US kit like this in the UK case be I need repair/servicing. The dollar pound situation has been like that for as long as I can remember, with just about all goods being cheaper in the US. I have imported (ahem) some goods which I reckoned would be OK (e.g. guitar) but I'm not so sure about a camera

I've also read that Canon have 'helped' keep Jessops afloat and that is why you might get a good deal there (that is where I bought mine from)

KrJ
chools

Postby uschi » November 24th, 2010, 4:34 pm

Oh, that looks moody!

As for gulls, I agree, they are beautiful, but I am glad we don't have them. :shock:
uschi
Registered

Postby chools » November 25th, 2010, 9:27 am

I started early today, Paul's delicious soda bread caught my

and I was quite pleased with this very dark shot from yesterday of the river. The conditions and light made it look very black and

KrC
chools

Postby uschi » November 25th, 2010, 9:31 am

Oooh, now I'm hungry, but I love looking at that river sitting in my lecker warm flat. :lol: gorgeous shot.
The only thing I am snapping at the moment are biscuits. :shock: :? :lol:
uschi
Registered

Postby Fiona » November 25th, 2010, 10:19 am

[img]

Uploaded with [/img]

My kitties, hugging or wrestling?....you decide !

Fiona :)
Fiona
Registered

Postby chools » November 25th, 2010, 10:23 am

What a lovely photo Fiona, you couldn't ask for a better pose from the two of them!

KrC
chools

Postby uschi » November 25th, 2010, 10:45 am

Aaw, that's really lovely!
uschi
Registered

Postby suffolk » November 25th, 2010, 11:05 am

I think they're fighting, but realised they were being watched so pretended they were hugging - butter wouldn't melt, would it :?: :lol:
“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
suffolk
Registered

Postby hickybank » November 25th, 2010, 1:51 pm

hickybank
Registered

Postby suffolk » November 25th, 2010, 1:55 pm

Probably World Domination :lol: :lol: :lol:
“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
suffolk
Registered

Postby hickybank » November 27th, 2010, 12:02 pm

Todays picture

Pied Wagtail on my snowy birdtable

cheers
Terry
Attachments
100_5386.jpg
hickybank
Registered

Postby suffolk » November 27th, 2010, 12:30 pm

Hickeybank - that's so gorgeous!!!

I'm worrying about my birds at work, hope someone's filled the feeders up while I've been off sick ... and I've decided that for my birthday in Jan contributions towards a new camera will be welcome :D
suffolk
Registered

Postby tezza » November 27th, 2010, 2:53 pm

I have enjoyed looking at everyone's lovely photos posted on this thread and thought it was about time I started to join in.

Here are my adorable giblets sharing a contented moment asleep all on the same plinth. Left to right Thomas, Tiger-lily, Noah and Sooty, who I think is cunningly planning on letting one go any minute. :lol:

http://i547.photobucket.com/albums/hh45 ... 010011.jpg

I hope the link works! Not very good at this photo posting mallarky! :oops:
tezza
Registered

Postby tezza » November 27th, 2010, 3:01 pm

And seeing as that seemed to work okay here is one of the snowy Bedfordshire countryside taken on my walk this morning.

http://i547.photobucket.com/albums/hh45 ... 010001.jpg
tezza
Registered

Postby suffolk » November 27th, 2010, 3:16 pm

Thanks Tezza, as I think we've discussed, I was born and spent my first 5 years in Bedfordshire - and although my heart is in Suffolk there's something about the gentle roll of the Bedfordshire landscape that will always be part of 'home' for me. :D
suffolk
Registered

Postby sarebear1982 » November 27th, 2010, 3:44 pm

A little bit of South Yorkshire

The river rother in the snow

http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad61 ... ver002.jpg
Last edited by sarebear1982 on November 27th, 2010, 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I live more in 5 minutes riding and racing a bike like this than most people can ever live in a lifetime" Marco Simoncelli, 2010

#58 RIP 1987 - 2011
sarebear1982
Registered

Postby chools » November 27th, 2010, 4:08 pm

My question seeing your cats Tezza is where do you sit? :lol:

We don't get such as exotic birds in the garden as you Terry, just the sparrows today

I've missed the photo opportunity of snow today (dark now) but took one of some of today's

KrC
chools

Postby tezza » November 27th, 2010, 4:15 pm

A gorgeous frosty scene sarebear!

chools - luckily the sofa goes round the corner, so we do get a small area on which to perch, otherwise we would be sitting on the floor of course. :lol:

Lovely looking snooty oatcakes. :hungry:

Now I have the hang of this I am hoping for more snowy and kitten/cat opportunities tomorrow. :bounce:
tezza
Registered

Postby hickybank » November 27th, 2010, 5:58 pm

The wifes new camera arrived today, its a casio exilm H5, it has 10x zoom & at £122 am am very impressed with it,very easy to use & super slim.
This picture has very slight blur on edges but was taken through double glazing

http://i912.photobucket.com/albums/ac32 ... MG0204.jpg

I think we will all have some interesting swow pictures over the next few days

Cheers
Terry
hickybank
Registered

PreviousNext

Return to The Coffee Shop