[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Wildfood.info • View topic - Your favourite photo.s

Your favourite photo.s

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Re: Your favourite photo.s

Postby chools » November 27th, 2010, 6:07 pm

Pretty good shot Mrs Terry, I take it your budget for a new camera is also £122 then? :D

I stuck a one way film on our kitchen window which allows us to have the birds feeding inches away from us on their feeder without them seeing us, but the downside like your double glazing is a slight degradation when it comes to shooting photos through it

KrC
chools

Postby scullion » November 27th, 2010, 6:08 pm

this is the photo i plopped in, over on 'good morning' this morning. it might as well come in over here with the other snow pics.

snowpic.jpg
scullion
Registered

Postby chools » November 27th, 2010, 7:01 pm

Wow, November snow in Cornwall, that is quite something?

KrC
chools

Postby scullion » November 27th, 2010, 11:33 pm

i haven't seen it in all the years i've been here, chools. it was quite spectacular! - and we may get some more in the next couple of weeks! let's see what the morning brings.
they didn't really have any on the south coast (according to a friend at swanpool (falmouth) and there was virtually none in constantine this evening.
scullion
Registered

Postby chools » November 28th, 2010, 1:24 pm

I wonder if there is anyone in the UK who hasn't got snow? I estimate we've around 4" of snow here which is quite something as we're right by the sea and sometimes escape the white stuff altogether. I put on too many layers for my walk today. There is little wind and the temperature is currently 4º, add the bits of winter sun and the extra effort of trudging through the snow and you soon feel warm. Judging by the feel of the snow underfoot there wasn't much of a frost last night either.

The weather alternates between bright winter sun and patches of blue sky to complete white outs as the snow showers come over. As always we are lucky in that if we can manage the few yards to the beach then we can always get a good walk on the sand. The waves weren't particularly big but were really roaring against the beach, I could clearly hear them in bed this morning

Winter

KrC
chools

Postby hickybank » November 28th, 2010, 4:51 pm

Common sense is not so common
A brain is as strong as it's weakest think
hickybank
Registered

Postby tezza » November 28th, 2010, 4:56 pm

We went for a walk in our village today and I took my camera but didn't see anything worth 'snapping'. I did wonder about a row of Toby jugs on a shelf in our local but would have felt a bit daft asking the crowd of people sitting underneath it to move out of the way so that I could get the right angle, just as they were busy munching on free roast potatoes. :) Next time it is less busy I will grab my opportunity.
tezza
Registered

Postby scullion » November 28th, 2010, 6:31 pm

amazing subtle shades at the beach this afternoon - about 4pm.

28.11.10 prthtowan 008straightened.jpg
scullion
Registered

Postby chools » November 28th, 2010, 6:51 pm

Very nice too, which beach?

KrC
chools

Postby StokeySue » November 28th, 2010, 6:57 pm

StokeySue
Registered

Postby scullion » November 28th, 2010, 7:12 pm

it's our nearest, porthtowan, chools. i've got some really nice shots down there over the years. it is rarely the same each time you go down to the sea, is it?!
scullion
Registered

Postby chools » November 28th, 2010, 7:23 pm

I've just googled 'Porthtowan' to see some more photos, it does look very pretty. Our beach is flat without any cliffs, but it does change as you say

I must have hundreds of photos of the same piece of Nairn beach, and then there are all the stones/pebbles/shells/lumps of wood I drag back home as well :D

KrC
chools

Postby tezza » November 28th, 2010, 7:50 pm

Photographic evidence taken this afternoon whilst OH napped which proves that humans do occasionally get a look in on the sofa in our house, albeit it in a sharing form. :lol:

http://i547.photobucket.com/albums/hh45 ... ing025.jpg
tezza
Registered

Postby chools » November 28th, 2010, 7:56 pm

Not sure as to who looks the cutest :D
chools

Postby tezza » November 28th, 2010, 7:59 pm

tezza
Registered

Postby uschi » November 28th, 2010, 11:58 pm

Lovely pictures all!!!
I'Ve had a great day in Dortmund (huge Christmas market!) yesterday with Linda and Dick.
It was there that I spotted this little fellow.

uschi
Registered

Postby chools » November 29th, 2010, 1:19 pm

I'm not a dog person, but always wonder if they would like something warm for their feet as well as their bodies? The dog in your photo Uschi has a very pleading face - 'hurry up, I want to go home and get warm'?

KrC
chools

Postby uschi » November 29th, 2010, 3:32 pm

Oh, I don't think it was cold - but the one at the other end of the leash was eating a sausage and the Mops was waiting for ...

uschi
Registered

Postby chools » November 29th, 2010, 4:04 pm

Ah! - sausage love :D explains the look
chools

Postby StokeySue » November 29th, 2010, 4:04 pm

Ah-ha! A happy dog!
StokeySue
Registered

Postby uschi » November 29th, 2010, 4:16 pm

Pugs don't really need warm coats. They are usually not skinny, their tail is sensibly curled over their back and their stocky figures don't lose much heat. I guess it's just a fashion statement. In any case, this dog did not look as though it were wanting for something - apart from the sausage. I wonder whether she gave him mustard, too? :P
uschi
Registered

Postby chools » November 29th, 2010, 4:39 pm

I didn't manage to get out for any snow shots this afternoon as I was awaiting a carrier collection (not here yet but not surprised due to weather), instead I sat in front of in the kitchen. Not a bad place to be today me thinks :D
chools

Postby StokeySue » November 29th, 2010, 5:05 pm

You sat in frot of a smiley chools?

Think you pic has gone awol
StokeySue
Registered

Postby chools » November 29th, 2010, 5:19 pm

chools

Postby StokeySue » November 29th, 2010, 5:46 pm

On this screen that link only shows up well among the text once it is a followed link - the original shade didn't stand out at all (not to me at least but I have soe visual issues)

So I wasn't merely being obtuse ;)

That looks very welcoming on a cold snowy day.
StokeySue
Registered

Postby chools » November 29th, 2010, 5:49 pm

chools

Postby hickybank » November 29th, 2010, 6:51 pm

Hi chools,
The picture showed up on both threads for me, I must learn how to do that,any tips?

We went for our walk today nice & frosty but very overcast so very little contrast to show veiws at there best.
Anyway here are a couple, the first is with my old camera, the second with the wifes new Casio,

http://i912.photobucket.com/albums/ac32 ... 0_5391.jpg

http://i912.photobucket.com/albums/ac32 ... MG0245.jpg

No snow today but some expected overnight so might get some better shots tomorrow.

cheers
Terry
hickybank
Registered

Postby chools » November 29th, 2010, 7:25 pm

Hi Terry,

Your URL's only take me to the front page of photobucket :(

Re the URLs

Paste in your URL

e.g. http://photobucket.com/

Highlight it and choose 'URL' from the toolbar

[ url]http://photobucket.com/[/url]

add/delete the following

delete 2nd bracket and add an equals sign, add a bracket after the com/+ your word/s

[ url=http://photobucket.com/]word you want to underline and act as link to URL here[/url]

Note: I've added a space [ url so you can see the code! Hope this makes sense

KrC
chools

Postby Luca » November 29th, 2010, 7:28 pm

Also Terry, if you see a post with the underlined word just click on quote and you will see exactly how it is done.
Luca
Global Moderator

Postby hickybank » November 29th, 2010, 8:29 pm

Thanks chools I think I have got that

If this works, thanks chools

Terry
hickybank
Registered

Postby chools » November 29th, 2010, 9:55 pm

chools

Postby uschi » November 30th, 2010, 1:04 am

Love those!!! We rarely get to see pictures like that here in town.
uschi
Registered

Postby suffolk » November 30th, 2010, 6:46 am

Hickey, they're absolutely beautiful - especially the one of the tree on its own by the little track - just love it, really do .... ahh! :luv:

And this thread is going to be very useful as I'm in need of a new camera - I've only had a little Fuji point and click type thingy other than the elderly and obscure SLR I bought art school - anything special I've wanted to do I've borrowed OH's all singing all dancing Digital SLR, but that was really chosen by him for studio work photographing his paintings etc and is a bit chunky for taking out on walks etc. And anyway, you know what it's like using someone else's camera - you never really get to know it properly, (and they get a bit twitchy ;) )

I've got a birthday in Jan so I'm going to ask for contributions towards a camera, so I'll be scrutinising everyone's photos and maybe asking questions for a bit of research - hope that's ok with you lot?
“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
suffolk
Registered

Postby uschi » November 30th, 2010, 9:02 am

I guess the first thing you'll have to decide on: do you want something small and easy to carry or do you want one of the bigger ones? If the latter ... will you be content to have something like my Lumix where you can't change lenses or do you want to go the whole hog with exchangable lenses and all?
uschi
Registered

Postby hickybank » November 30th, 2010, 9:03 am

hickybank
Registered

Postby hickybank » November 30th, 2010, 3:46 pm

cheers
terry
hickybank
Registered

Postby StokeySue » November 30th, 2010, 3:55 pm

Anyone got a small point and shoot with a half decent viewfinder (not just a screen)? I use a Fuji Finepix, as it has a very good viewfinder, but on holiday I got a bit fed up with having a big camera round my neck the whole time & I'd like a pocket wonder.
StokeySue
Registered

Postby chools » November 30th, 2010, 5:31 pm

I think the starlings photo is one of your best yet Terry :D

I've had 3 Fuji Finepix (present one not so good <IMO>) but none of them have offered a good view finder. I have a sneaky idea that view finders are becoming old hat and screens will take over

The only mistake I made with my present Fuji was not to buy one (if such a thing still exists) that takes AA batteries rather than the bespoke internal battery. Personal preference but I like cameras that take easy to find batteries. My Canon DSLR has a bespoke battery but the charge seems to last forever

KrC
chools

Postby StokeySue » November 30th, 2010, 5:41 pm

My defintion of a good viewfinder is one I can easily use with my left eye - I know the screens are taking over but they aren't a lot of use to me, can't see them at all in daylight, hence the request to anyone who has a baby with a view finder to let me know. Think Sony may do one.

My FinePix is about 2 years old I think (may be 3) - and it takes AA batteries, which is great as if I go away I just take a charger for AA batteries and some spares it does camera, torch, etc
StokeySue
Registered

Postby hickybank » November 30th, 2010, 5:50 pm

hickybank
Registered

Postby suffolk » November 30th, 2010, 6:57 pm

Budget will be around the £150 mark and not too big - I cart enough things about with me when I go for a walk (lunch, water, sketchpad, pens pencils etc) so a large camera with lenses is probably going to mean that I leave it in the car :o :roll: or at home :( , and as I said OH has an all singing all dancing thingumybob for doing amazing things if I want to.

I've looked at the spec for the Casio Ex H5 and I'm really impressed with the pictures of trees you posted Hickeybank, so that may well be the direction I'm looking in. 8-)
“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
suffolk
Registered

Postby hickybank » November 30th, 2010, 7:29 pm

hickybank
Registered

Postby chools » November 30th, 2010, 7:36 pm

Pays to shop around, with the cash back the Casio can be had for £99!

Looks like a nice camera

KrC

Edit - oops £104! Still a good price
Last edited by chools on November 30th, 2010, 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chools

Postby hickybank » November 30th, 2010, 7:48 pm

Hi chools
Well spotted, thats a great bargain
hickybank
Registered

Postby suffolk » November 30th, 2010, 7:56 pm

Cheers guys! Think I'd better point my OH in this direction early in the new year!!! :D
suffolk
Registered

Postby chools » November 30th, 2010, 8:25 pm

Wild Food Boogie anyone? :D
chools

Postby chools » December 2nd, 2010, 11:51 am

I scattered some bird seed around the garden this morning, so have a fine collection of feathered visitors chewing away. But it remains very overcast here, and although I tried several shots of the feeding birds they're all a bit lacking. The white background means you have to adjust exposure otherwise you just get very dark blobs for birds in your photos. I need a few rays of the big light in the sky to break through (not much chance of that today)

So, I decided to try a few 'in' house shots

KrC
chools

Postby uschi » December 2nd, 2010, 11:58 am

Love the guitar.
I certainly won't make any inside house shots for a while. Not while I am truffling! :o :shock: :roll:
uschi
Registered

Postby chools » December 3rd, 2010, 8:54 am

Cold this morning!
chools

Postby tinyTrishkins » December 3rd, 2010, 8:59 am

You wouldn't want to be standing under that one when it fell! :shock:
tT Yeah that's me!

tinyTrishkins
Registered