[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Wildfood.info • View topic - Your favourite photo.s

Your favourite photo.s

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Re: Your favourite photo.s

Postby Fiona » September 11th, 2010, 4:04 pm

Hi Terry

Thats Peel Castle in the Isle of Man, its on St Michael's Isle (on the west coast about half way up for those who like Google mapping!)

Its a little fishing town, although as it has TWO cathedrals (not sure why!) its technically a city! From the bay window of the first place we lived on the island our view was the castle and the sun sets right down behind it...beautiful. Peel is known here as Sunset City! For all of you walkers, the Isle of Man is a stunning place to come on a walking holiday, and we have something like nine golf courses, cant guarantee the weather of course, but who can!

Fiona :)
Fiona
Registered

Postby hickybank » September 12th, 2010, 8:19 am

Happy Sunday morning all.
A couple of pics to start the day

Bluebells, Elkin wood Allesley,
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hickybank/486203332/

Grey Wagtail Beresforddale Peak district
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hickybank/466072158/

cheers
Terry
Common sense is not so common
A brain is as strong as it's weakest think
hickybank
Registered

Postby Monnikka » September 12th, 2010, 1:52 pm

Monnikka
Registered

Postby jamesandkatherina » September 12th, 2010, 3:02 pm

ImageImage

I'm not an alcoholic, .......... alcoholics go to meetings, I go to the pub.
jamesandkatherina
Registered

Postby hickybank » September 12th, 2010, 3:57 pm

Hi jamesandkatherina

I can,t get your picture to open,
can you check & see if the problem is your or my end, as I am having a lot of problems with my PC at the moment, although I can view monnikkas pictures.

cheers
Terry
hickybank
Registered

Postby chools » September 12th, 2010, 3:58 pm

chools

Postby jamesandkatherina » September 12th, 2010, 4:05 pm

Terry
must be your end :? thats the trouble with steam driven 'puters :lol:
ImageImage

jamesandkatherina
Registered

Postby Foodycat » September 12th, 2010, 4:08 pm

Foodycat

Postby hickybank » September 12th, 2010, 4:27 pm

This is killing me as I still can't view the picture, but can every other picture on here.

I know I have a big problem with my PC as I keep being logged out,( at least 10 times just trying to sort this out.) & no one else is having this problem.

As I like to respond to everyone who takes time to reply, my apologes if you do not hear from me it will mean my PC has died.

As it is a fairly new PC I need to get someone in to look at it.
cheers
Terry
hickybank
Registered

Postby jamesandkatherina » September 12th, 2010, 4:28 pm

ImageImage

jamesandkatherina
Registered

Postby chools » September 12th, 2010, 4:44 pm

chools

Postby Sian » September 12th, 2010, 5:04 pm

Wonderful photos!
Very jelous of the skills being displayed here :evil:

My garden

http://s465.photobucket.com/albums/rr17 ... a8b210.pbw

Sian xx

(I'm sure that 'arry is wonderful - just misunderstood :lol: )
Well behaved women rarely make history.....
Sian
Registered

Postby jamesandkatherina » September 12th, 2010, 5:14 pm

Sian

he's just asked us if he can move to North Wales :lol:
ImageImage

jamesandkatherina
Registered

Postby Foodycat » September 12th, 2010, 5:16 pm

Foodycat

Postby Sian » September 12th, 2010, 5:19 pm

Oh what a shame Jim - were leaving in 2 weeks or he'd have been welcome :lol:

(as you all would be :hug: :hug: )

Speak soon, Cariad Mawr, Sian xx
Well behaved women rarely make history.....
Sian
Registered

Postby jamesandkatherina » September 12th, 2010, 5:28 pm

would you like him now? he's a proper little $$it, or a normal Westie

:lol:[/quote]

I've met Westies before - I prefer to admire from a distance![/quote]

so are you suprised that he's on his way to North Wales :lol:
ImageImage

jamesandkatherina
Registered

Postby Tatihou » September 12th, 2010, 8:01 pm

Love the swans, particularly the mute swan... but I did want to see his reflection beneath him. And the glowing worm... they lead such sad lives when they're in their adult glow worm stage - they don't have mouths so don't eat and only have 2 - 3 weeks to mate, lay eggs and die. Apparently the eggs sometimes glow briefly. :shock:

All you ever wanted to know about glow worms:

Snowy, isn't the Marais Poitevin a beautiful area? We were there for a few days some years ago in September and it was gorgeous - not too hot but so green. We stayed in Fontenay-le-Comte. Didn't see any shaggy donkeys though.

Lovely pics everyone. And lovely garden, Sian. :D

We went out and about today. Café life in Villedieu-les-Pôeles (God's town of the frying pan)...

Granville port with the old town above.

Le Mont St-Michel, low tide, late afternoon in silhouette:
Last edited by Tatihou on September 13th, 2010, 5:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tatihou
Registered

Postby hickybank » September 12th, 2010, 10:30 pm

Hi tatihou

Thanks for your post.

As the Swan was on the move there was no reflection but I agree with you it would have been a great picture with one

However here is another swan picture intitled "Swan in a knot" hope you like it
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hickybank/4983852851/

Your picture of Le Mont St-Michel, brought back great memories of a holiday we had in that region some years ago.
We stayed at Chateau de Bonaban in La Gouesniere it was fabulous, is it anywhere near you?

Cheers
Terry
hickybank
Registered

Postby Tatihou » September 13th, 2010, 5:03 am

Hello Hickybank -
I believe I've heard of the Chateau de Bonaban. It's about an hour from me, I think - towards Cancale. I just checked it out on TripAdvisor.

Lovely swan. There's something about birds on water that I love.
Last edited by Tatihou on September 13th, 2010, 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tatihou
Registered

Postby chools » September 13th, 2010, 10:23 am

Here is a photo of two swans asleep on the river

They were both slowly turning with the current and I was lucky to catch them in sync wondering if I waited to get the shot would they wake up!

KrC
Last edited by chools on September 13th, 2010, 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
chools

Postby hickybank » September 13th, 2010, 10:34 am

Thanks chools,
Another cracking photo, what camera are you using?

cheers
Terry
hickybank
Registered

Postby chools » September 13th, 2010, 10:45 am

Last edited by chools on September 13th, 2010, 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chools

Postby snowy » September 13th, 2010, 12:21 pm

Some lovely photos. Such a variety of subjects too. Had a great time looking at them. x
snowy
Registered

Postby spotteddick » September 13th, 2010, 3:06 pm

A mill in the mist

Uploaded with
Cheers

Dick

Just because you're wandering doesn't mean you're lost!!

http://spotteddick-itsallinthegame.blogspot.com/
spotteddick
Registered

Postby Foodycat » September 13th, 2010, 3:36 pm

Image I think this is one of my favourite pictures. My camera is a little point & shoot, so it was purely by chance that I got the sunbird's wings like that.
Foodycat

Postby hickybank » September 13th, 2010, 3:53 pm

spotteddick
Where in Germany is that,my limited knowledge of germany tells me it is southern, or are they general all over Germany?

foodycat,
Its amazing, sometimes you just catch it right, you could try a 1,000 times & not catch it again, one of my earlier posts on here of the Peacock Butterfly, it was only when I loaded it onto the PC I noticed the Hoverfly in perfect focus in the picture as well.

Cheers
Terry
hickybank
Registered

Postby spotteddick » September 13th, 2010, 11:03 pm

Hi Terry!

No it is in my town Rheda, this is in Westphalia, we have a wonderful schlosspark, with a real live Prince and Princess, (though no longer called that to be PC) she is English. The other part of the town (Wiedenbrück) is full with half timbered houses and is one of the prettiest towns in the area, though I am biased :lol:

Cheers

Dick
Cheers

Dick

Just because you're wandering doesn't mean you're lost!!

http://spotteddick-itsallinthegame.blogspot.com/
spotteddick
Registered

Postby hickybank » September 14th, 2010, 8:05 am

Thanks Dick,
We have covered a lot of Germany over the years & love some of the architecture & found the people very friendly & helpful.

I was not going to post any more pictures, but last night as an experiment I set up my slide projector, I have thousands of slide & the thought of converting them on to my PC fills me with dread,

Anyway I set it up, projected a picture & took a picture of it with my digital camera, the result was surprisingly good.

The picture is of a Long Necked Karen girl from Northern Thailand, taken some years ago when we visited their Tribe, there is slight fogging but I can change that,

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hickybank/4988131132/

cheers
Terry
hickybank
Registered

Postby chools » September 14th, 2010, 9:24 am

chools

Postby ianinfrance » September 14th, 2010, 3:34 pm

--
All the best
Ian

The Earth is degenerating today. Bribery and corruption abound. Children no longer obey their parents, every man wants to write a book, and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching.
ianinfrance
Global Moderator

Postby chools » September 14th, 2010, 3:51 pm

chools

Postby Foodycat » September 15th, 2010, 2:30 pm

Foodycat

Postby chools » October 25th, 2010, 1:46 pm

Rolls I made yesterday for Wada Pav

chools

Postby hickybank » October 25th, 2010, 2:45 pm

hickybank
Registered

Postby chools » October 25th, 2010, 3:00 pm

chools

Postby hickybank » October 25th, 2010, 3:16 pm

Thanks chools, I will print that off,

Re Pumpkin seeds, if you click on the origional Pumkin & Squash thread where we talked about Pumkin seeds you will see my report 4 from the end, any problem, let me know.
cheers
Terry
hickybank
Registered

Postby uschi » October 25th, 2010, 3:53 pm

Chools, this is called a "Partysonne" a party sun here. Except that the rolls are often a bit smaller and there is one more circle around it. You get different toppings, poppyseed, caraways seeds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and sesame seeds. No filling, though.
Yours look good :hungry: .
uschi
Registered

Postby chools » October 25th, 2010, 4:57 pm

chools

Postby uschi » October 25th, 2010, 5:19 pm

Rabähh!!!! Don't dry them!!! Give them to me!!! ;) :P I'll pay with biscuits later in the month. And with truffles (chocolate ones).
uschi
Registered

Postby chools » October 25th, 2010, 7:54 pm

Sorry Uschi, but these are well on the way to being very dry chanterelles now :roll:
chools

Postby uschi » October 25th, 2010, 9:26 pm

I don't think there are any around here. My grandfather knew where to find them, but that was in East Germany.
Last edited by uschi on October 31st, 2010, 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
uschi
Registered

Postby chools » October 27th, 2010, 12:19 pm

Todays lunch (and photo) :D

KrC
chools

Postby Monnikka » October 27th, 2010, 12:51 pm

Looks good chools!
Monnikka
Registered

Postby hickybank » October 27th, 2010, 1:51 pm

hickybank
Registered

Postby chools » October 27th, 2010, 2:15 pm

chools

Postby chools » October 30th, 2010, 4:10 pm

A lazy brunch this morning meant that we late getting out to enjoy the sunny morning, and a shower of rain hit us as we started our walk. Beech leaves are looking lovely just now

chools

Postby hickybank » October 30th, 2010, 4:32 pm

Hi chools,
What a lovely picture, really good composition
I think we need another week or so for the trees to be at there best round here, but never go out without my camera, so will see what I can do.

cheers
terry
hickybank
Registered

Postby chools » October 31st, 2010, 4:46 pm

Todays stroll was one of those 'really need to stretch the legs' rather than a proper walk, so just took in the harbour and the river.

The smokehouse hasn't been used in years, although modern enough to have a Vent-Axia! I expect it will be snapped up and turned into a holiday home, such is the way with many such properties around here

chools

Postby hickybank » October 31st, 2010, 6:31 pm

Hi chools I guess where you are that was a fish smokery, would that be smoked Herring?

Not had too many photo opportunitysjust lately, did get this picture of a Green Sandpiper earlier this week, this is quite a rarity in the Midlands so I was very pleased to see it & get a picture

http://i912.photobucket.com/albums/ac32 ... 0_5087.jpg

cheers
Terry
hickybank
Registered

Postby hickybank » October 31st, 2010, 7:54 pm

Dont know what happened there so will try again

http://i912.photobucket.com/albums/ac32 ... 0_5087.jpg

Terry