[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Wildfood.info • View topic - Your favourite photo.s

Your favourite photo.s

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Re: Your favourite photo.s

Postby Mamta » January 18th, 2013, 9:12 pm

It has been a bit hectic around here, so haven't been out and about much with my camera. There are so many beautiful pictures here since my last visit. Isn't snow beautiful?
here are some of mine; http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 505&type=1

2013- Mid January- Snow scene 16-wire fence.jpg

2013- Mid January- Snow scene 8-Tire mark.jpg

2013- Mid January- Snow scene 3.jpg

PS Capt_Lightning, I am so jealous of you seeing long tailed ducks, how beautiful :tu:
Last edited by Mamta on January 18th, 2013, 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mamta
Registered

Postby hickybank » January 18th, 2013, 10:51 pm

Hi mamta, nice to see you out snapping & yes snow is a wonderful subject to photograph, nice to see your pics
Common sense is not so common
A brain is as strong as it's weakest think
hickybank
Registered

Postby uschi » January 18th, 2013, 11:24 pm

Jane, love the white swan with the reflection. The nest looks very wintry and cold and the ice-encrusted moss is great, as is the rock island.

Your two types of seedheads are on an alder. The "cones" are the seedheads and the "sausages" are catkins. I love crafting with those tiny cones.

Terry, those snowy lanes are so lovely. I must admit I am too lazy to stir much from my warm room. :oops:

Is that a robin in the snow??

Mamta, I can't see anything on Facebook, but the frosted chicken wire is a sublime picture!!!

The rivulets under the ice are intrigueing.

A bus being towed away.

A vision of loveliness waiting for her perm to set.

The wonderful gadget that helps your hair dry faster. I love the pattern inside. It's very Star Trek.
uschi
Registered

Postby hickybank » January 19th, 2013, 9:25 am

What german technology breaking down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And why are you wearing Cheezy Wotsits on your head, I eat those with my pint of beer :lol: :lol: :lol:

Terry
hickybank
Registered

Postby chicken_hot_pot² » January 19th, 2013, 10:06 am

Great uploads from everyone.
A quick in as the roads are pretty bad and I don't want to be too long out so as not to worry OH.

Just a few more from me.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/44506883@N04/

Thanks Uschi for your comments. Love the hairdo by the way. ;)
I can still cook Yorkshire Puddings.
chicken_hot_pot²
Registered

Postby hickybank » January 19th, 2013, 10:17 am

Sorting through my photo's last night I found this one of Ann and myself, one of the few pictures weboth look o/k on plus it is a nice setting, to veiw it best press the L key on your computor

http://www.flickr.com/photos/62075431@N02/8393795331/
hickybank
Registered

Postby hickybank » January 19th, 2013, 7:41 pm

Some lovely clear bird shots Jane

A few from when the snow was at its worst, you have to feel sorry for the poor birds,
The postman is the start of todays walk.
http://s1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa3 ... =slideshow

We are away for a few days next week Mon to Frid to Weston Super Mare for a hotel break, lets see what the weather is like

Terry
Last edited by hickybank on January 19th, 2013, 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hickybank
Registered

Postby Capt_Lightning » January 22nd, 2013, 11:29 am

Snow has arrived in our village. At least the council have been out with a gritter and treated both the pavements & the road.

Picture of the back garden taken at 11am. today.
Shine on you Crazy Diamond.
Capt_Lightning
Registered

Postby chicken_hot_pot² » January 24th, 2013, 10:32 am

Snow all gone here now - thank goodness. ;)

Sorry I can't join in as much as I'd like to, not having a wifi connection is the pits. This maybe rectified soon, but I'm not crossing my fingers yet. Still too many things haning in the air. Though the sooner the better. Being Internet-less is the pits. :(

Some more from me while I'm able.

Now need some better weather to go out and find something else to take and the forecast is terrible. :( :( :( :(
chicken_hot_pot²
Registered

Postby amazing » January 24th, 2013, 11:00 pm

Mamta we watched a program on Channel 5 tonight. It was about the building of the Ice Hotel. Really enjoyed it. I told my husband that I 'knew' someone who had been there. Showed him your photos.
Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth, for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk beside the fire: it is the time for home.
(Edith Sitwell)
amazing
Registered

Postby aero280 » January 24th, 2013, 11:48 pm

I think you should change your name to Medusa!! :D

aero280
Site Admin

Postby uschi » January 25th, 2013, 12:34 am

You should have seen me after the wotsits were out ... talk about Medusa. :D :D :D

Cpt, we have about that much snow, too, but we got gritted.

Jane, love your birds, especially the duck showing us her behind. We have a childrens' song about ducks doing that.

My assignment for the foto club this week was "bottles" ... I didn't have much time, the light wasn't good and so I took to the graveyard with a few bottles and tinkered around.

I entered No 1 and 2, liking No 1 best. It made the last place, but No 2 made fourth. Just goes to show, you never know.

Here are the rest from that day. A later assignment will be tracks. I could only think of animal tracks or my own footprints, but then I saw the tyre tracks.

I love the bronze girl, but her grave is rather shady ... the snow lit it up nicely. And whoever gave her those roses did me a great favour.

uschi
Registered

Postby chicken_hot_pot² » January 25th, 2013, 10:03 am

Lovely bottles Uschi, I like the blue glass.

Just a few from me and I'll try and get out soon for something new.
chicken_hot_pot²
Registered

Postby uschi » January 25th, 2013, 10:28 am

Lovely lichens and that fence has a gorgeous colour! Are the post and foundations light blue or am I just seeing things??
uschi
Registered

Postby chicken_hot_pot² » January 26th, 2013, 9:36 am

Last edited by chicken_hot_pot² on January 26th, 2013, 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
chicken_hot_pot²
Registered

Postby uschi » January 26th, 2013, 10:10 am

While you are still here, I hope you'll have a good weekend and not too much stress next week! Off to look at your pictures.
uschi
Registered

Postby uschi » January 26th, 2013, 10:12 am

Aww, what a sweet little moss hedgehog!! And those geese look ... yummy ... :? :lol: red cabbage, marzipan apple and dumplings??? :lol: :lol:
uschi
Registered

Postby hickybank » January 26th, 2013, 10:24 am

hickybank
Registered

Postby uschi » January 26th, 2013, 10:32 am

I wasn't the only one who was struggling with the bottles, but some did it really well. The black-and-white guy (no digital camera, everything is on film and processed by himself) used a collection of clear bottles against an opaque, glowing background which was a lovely effect. And various chemistry beakers presented in the same way.
Carlo put some lovely perfume flacons onto a reflecting surface and got what looked like an ad. This was my personal favourite, but it had to share third place with me.

I did have some more ideas, but not enough time to do something about them. Message in a bottle might have been fun ... perhaps with ticker tape coming out of it and a very long message ... ;)

I hope you had a lovely time in Weston! It's been a while since I was there.
uschi
Registered

Postby Mamta » January 26th, 2013, 5:16 pm

Nice pictures Uschi and Jane. both snow and the birds are beautiful. Snow is so beautiful to photograph, but I can't get it right unfortunately. Were you having a party in the snow Uschi :D ?
I can never have enough of bird pictures, such beautiful creatures :tu:
I went to Stockgrove Park with friends last week and took a few;

1 Stockgrove Park 9-A mallard.jpg

aaaa.jpg

a.jpg

1 Stockgrove Park-Robin 2.jpg

aa.jpg
Last edited by Mamta on January 26th, 2013, 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mamta
Registered

Postby uschi » January 26th, 2013, 6:13 pm

Oooh, aren't they pretty??? Can you ask the jay to let me have some blue feathers??? :D :D :D

Love the robin and the last one. What is it, please???

My birds still haven't found me. Well, one little great tit turned up and two blackbirds, but nothing else. :cry:
Last edited by uschi on January 26th, 2013, 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
uschi
Registered

Postby Mamta » January 26th, 2013, 8:30 pm

I wiull ask Jay next time I see her Uschi.
Last one is Siskin.
I did the one hour watch for the RSPB Big Garden Birdwatch for one hour today, didn't have too many I am afraid. But then the only time I had free today was between 11-12noon, not the best time to see them in great numbers. However, I did have one surprise, a greater spotted woodpecker on the tall tree on the neighbour's tree, bordering with our garden!
Mamta
Registered

Postby uschi » January 26th, 2013, 9:23 pm

Lucky you!!! Thanks for the identification. We don't have siskins around here. At least not around the house.
uschi
Registered

Postby hickybank » January 26th, 2013, 9:37 pm

Great shots mamta good to see you are making good use of your new camera, we will do the birdwatch tomorrow
hickybank
Registered

Postby Mamta » January 27th, 2013, 8:48 am

Thanks Terry, I don't take it with me often enough.
Mamta
Registered

Postby hickybank » January 27th, 2013, 9:19 am

hickybank
Registered

Postby Mamta » January 27th, 2013, 11:10 am

Mamta
Registered

Postby uschi » January 27th, 2013, 12:38 pm

Copy and paste ... :lol:
uschi
Registered

Postby hickybank » January 28th, 2013, 3:58 pm

Well thr last of the snow has gone so here are the pictures around our house, but the last 5 pics give hope of things to come (these were taken today)
http://s1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa3 ... =slideshow
hickybank
Registered

Postby Mamta » January 28th, 2013, 5:35 pm

You had a lot more snow than us Terry. Lovely pictures, especially the blue tit's :tu:
Mamta
Registered

Postby uschi » January 28th, 2013, 5:43 pm

We had about this much, but it didn't stick to the trees as prettily! Wonderful pictures!!
uschi
Registered

Postby uschi » January 31st, 2013, 12:35 am

Just the one from me, taken "on the run", but it all looked rather nice.

uschi
Registered

Postby Mamta » January 31st, 2013, 6:53 am

Wow! You made all this?
From me;
Mandarin Duck
Mandarin Duck 1.jpg

Mistle Thrush
Mistle Thrush 2.jpg

Canada Goose
Canada goose.jpg
Mamta
Registered

Postby uschi » January 31st, 2013, 8:18 am

Wonderful birds and the mandarin duck!!! He's such a little beauty!!!!

And no, those are not my cakes and biscuits. This is the downstairs window of Café Best, a traditional "granny café" in Wuppertal-Barmen.
uschi
Registered

Postby hickybank » January 31st, 2013, 8:50 am

Great shots Mamta, it has been a long time since I saw a mandarin & Mistle Thrushs are a rarity too

I played host to an injured Magpie my neighbour found lying on her lawn I could find nothing damaged so put it in a warm box on a soft towel in the dark overnight, next morning it was fine & flew off.

Also had major problem with PC it has taken two days but almost back to normal now

Terry
hickybank
Registered

Postby chicken_hot_pot² » February 1st, 2013, 10:53 am

Thanks for the kind comments on my photos. Just a quick catch up today as I've got to go off line in a moment or two. Will drop by tomorrow for a better look at other's photos.

Move into new flat went OK, v tired and still loads to put into various cupboards but slowly slowly. Now got to find kind neighbour for a wi-fi link. :)

Some photos from me while I'm here. Mamta you're birds look heavenly I'll take a better look tomorrow.

chicken_hot_pot²
Registered

Postby uschi » February 2nd, 2013, 6:19 pm

I'm glad you like your new abode, Jane!! Fingers crossed for your wi-fi link!!!
Stunning pictures. I love the lichen on red and the bullrush with the mould. Oh, and the bark, too!! Wonderful!!!

Street Karneval is in full swing already. The season is short so they are out in force this weekend to warm up for next week when the big finale kicks off with women's Karneval on Thursday.

These ladies and gentlemen belong to the traditional corps (the military wings of many Karneval clubs). Although they are spoofing Prussian militarism, they exercise for real and they also practise their singing and dancing. The cavalry (yes, there are real horses in the big parades) has to turn up on foot for the moment. Not that I would know who is who or what, I had to look the clubs up.

The Bürgermeister's guard of honour. This colour combination, btw. is known as "Spinach with fried egg".

The blue-white prince's guard.

And a visiting prince with his guard. The prince is the gentleman with the huge pheasant feathers. I think the lady in blue may be the princess. Anyway, they rocked the Altstadt!

While Karneval clubs are a male (chauvinist, to be honest) affair, there are some girls to be found. One does need something warm and pretty in this cold weather.

While the men get to wear fairly warm costumes the young dancing girls have to make do with thick nylons. The lady in the fur coat will have started out like that, too, but has now risen in rank sufficiently to wear something warm and elegant.

And, since miltary rank, titles and medals are important you can also see the standard bearer and the quartermaster. Both well-fed.

"No pictures, please!" they cried and at my meek "Sorry." fell about laughing. :icon_eek: :a-wink: :a-wink: :a-wink:

Last edited by uschi on February 2nd, 2013, 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
uschi
Registered

Postby hickybank » February 2nd, 2013, 6:49 pm

Good pictures Uschi,what a great subject for photography with all those colours. they all seem to be enjoying themselves, lovely shots

Terry
hickybank
Registered

Postby uschi » February 2nd, 2013, 7:08 pm

Thank you! They should be partying hard by now, knocking back Altbier (a dark beer variety brewed in Düsseldorf).
uschi
Registered

Postby Sloe-Gin » February 2nd, 2013, 8:35 pm

Getting used to my new camera - at Hoylake on the Wirral today

Hoylake feb 13 1.jpg

hoylake2.jpg

Hoylake 4.jpg
Last edited by Sloe-Gin on February 2nd, 2013, 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eat, drink and be merry
Sloe-Gin
Registered

Postby uschi » February 2nd, 2013, 8:39 pm

Very atmospheric!!! You've caught the light really well!!!
What is your new camera, please?
uschi
Registered

Postby Sloe-Gin » February 2nd, 2013, 8:47 pm

It's Hub's cast off, Uschi - a cannon Eos D1000. He's bought a Nikon - gulp! I'm still in programme mode until I get used to it.
Eat, drink and be merry
Sloe-Gin
Registered

Postby hickybank » February 2nd, 2013, 9:08 pm

Great pictures Sloe-gin. lovely to see you on here feel free to post as many as possible, if you need any help with your new camera & think we can help please ask

Terry
hickybank
Registered

Postby uschi » February 2nd, 2013, 9:14 pm

What a wonderful cast-off!!! And don't worry about the mode. I use program mode a lot, too. After all the camera does know what its doing.
uschi
Registered

Postby Sloe-Gin » February 2nd, 2013, 9:32 pm

Thank you both, it'll take some getting used to, especially as hub thinks I should be shooting in raw and then using photoshop to enhance them. Maybe later, but I prefer 'au natural'. Here are some more (not photoshopped)!!

Houlake birds.jpg

Silhouette.jpg
Eat, drink and be merry
Sloe-Gin
Registered

Postby hickybank » February 2nd, 2013, 9:47 pm

Looks like we are going to see some great pictures on here Sloe-Gin how about getting hubby to post a few :tu: :tu:

Terry
hickybank
Registered

Postby uschi » February 2nd, 2013, 10:25 pm

SG, you do as you please.

It bothers me sometimes that at my photoclub many insist that everything must be photoshopped to within an inch of its life. I don't agree.
Sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesn't.

I know that RAW is best but I always work in JPG. So there. That's how it works best for me, but I would not try and pressure anyone else into that.

So, feel free to show us your pictures as you see fit. I, for one, will be happy to see them.
uschi
Registered

Postby uschi » February 2nd, 2013, 11:21 pm

I know, I know, these aren't photographs, but they may give you a better idea of what Karneval is like. The music could be better, but people love it that way.

The honorary guard performing.

And the typical reaction of a Rhinelander to such music ... Schunkeln (the swaying movement to the rhythm with arms linked).

uschi
Registered

Postby Mamta » February 3rd, 2013, 6:43 am

Some fantastic shots sloe, especially the first one. that red colour in the middle really lifts it out of the ordinary.
G00d videos Uschi, the music in playing in the background as I write :-)
Mamta
Registered

Postby uschi » February 3rd, 2013, 10:31 am

I don't even remember exactly which songs they were. My loudspeakers don't work at the moment. Will have to find out whether I've just lost the drivers somehow or whether something on the soundcard is broken (I don't even know whether I have a soundcard).
After Karneval.
uschi
Registered

PreviousNext

Return to The Coffee Shop