[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Wildfood.info • View topic - Your favourite photo.s

Your favourite photo.s

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Re: Your favourite photo.s

Postby Lilylouise » February 14th, 2013, 8:09 pm

Lilylouise
Registered

Postby chicken_hot_pot² » February 15th, 2013, 10:30 am

Some from me. You may have seen some of them before, but I took them off and uploaded them again.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/44506883@N04/

I'm using my free wifi link this morning and will use my G3 later on today. This is fun. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
Last edited by chicken_hot_pot² on February 15th, 2013, 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
I can still cook Yorkshire Puddings.
chicken_hot_pot²
Registered

Postby Lilylouise » February 15th, 2013, 11:57 am

Lovely photos :D I love the one of Bonnie and Tigger and the bag :D :D
Lilylouise
Registered

Postby hickybank » February 15th, 2013, 12:14 pm

Great to have you back Jane & hi to Lily too

Not taken any just lately been too busy with other things,so here is an older one for you

http://www.flickr.com/photos/62075431@N02/8467914544/

Terry
Common sense is not so common
A brain is as strong as it's weakest think
hickybank
Registered

Postby Lilylouise » February 15th, 2013, 12:15 pm

We grow lots of veggies in our garden and on our allotment - here are some photos of some of last years harvest :D

These flowers are from our allotment :D

and these are from our garden

I have loads of photos of our garden so could easily bore you all silly for weeks :D :D :D
Lilylouise
Registered

Postby puss-in-boots » February 15th, 2013, 1:12 pm

What wonderful photo's Lily. A fantastic crop and very pretty flowers, lucky you. My two favourites, food and flowers. Bore away, I love looking at photos. Was just looking at uschi's, chp's, hicky's, mamta's and others. All looking splendid!

Is that celeriac I see in your crop? It all looks soo good. I wish I had an allotment!
http://wokmans.blogspot.co.uk/

Don't wear a bra, it keeps the wrinkle's off your face....
puss-in-boots
Registered

Postby hickybank » February 15th, 2013, 1:53 pm

Yes what a great set of pictures, now thats what I call a proper allotment,
That is Celeriac one of my favourite root veg, I have an awesome soup recipe I would be happy to share if you want me to

What camera do you have Lily 9I take it that is your name so is it o/k if that is what we use

Terry
hickybank
Registered

Postby uschi » February 15th, 2013, 4:41 pm

Great pictures!! You could sell some to stock photograph sites!

I love those corns on the cobs with their neat hairdoes, but also the other ones. The peas and pods are amazing, as are the peppers and the broad beans. Some lovely compositions there.

And yes, please do bore us silly. It's what we do on here. ;) ;) ;) 8-)
uschi
Registered

Postby puss-in-boots » February 15th, 2013, 4:48 pm

I absolutely love Celeriac and parmesan soup. Actually I have some parmesan in the fridge so may buy some celeriac tomorrow and use the rest for Sunday lunch.

Celeriac is one of my favourite root veggies also Hicky, would love your recipe please.

Lily is such a pretty name.

puss-in-boots
Registered

Postby chicken_hot_pot² » February 15th, 2013, 5:03 pm

I'm now hungry Lily and pretty please could I have your broad beans, they're not easy to get here and we love them. :lol: :bounce: :duck:

More things from me in a bit. Lovely photo Terry.

Last edited by chicken_hot_pot² on February 15th, 2013, 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chicken_hot_pot²
Registered

Postby puss-in-boots » February 15th, 2013, 5:22 pm

Lovely pictures chp, the distorted watch made me chuckle.

puss-in-boots
Registered

Postby hickybank » February 15th, 2013, 6:11 pm

Great to see the sheild bug Jane & yes the watch is very good to

Terry
hickybank
Registered

Postby hickybank » February 15th, 2013, 6:33 pm

No problem puss-in-boots here you are

Creamed Celeriac & Parmasan Soup
2 tbls Oil
6 oz chopped Onion
1 Large Garlic Clove crushed
1 lb each Celeriac & Potato roughly chopped
2 pints Veg Stock
1 pint Milk
½ pint Double Cream
1 tbls Lemon juice
S&P
8 tbls Grated Parmesan
Bouquet Garni
Toasted Parmesan
Heat Oil add Onion & garlic cook for 4-5 mins till golden
Add celeriac & Potato, Stock, Bouquet Garni bring to boil & simmer for 25 mins till tender.
Cool a little, discard Bouquet Garni & puree the soup in a blender till smooth, now return to saucepan.
Add Milk, Cream, Lemon Juice & Seasoning then simmer for 10 mins.
When serving put 1 tbls Parmesan in the bottom of the Soup dish, pour over the soup, grind over some Black Pepper & garnish with Toasted Parmesan.
Note, to toast Parmesan
Finely grate 1 oz Parmesan onto a baking sheet, pop under a hot grill till melted & golden.
Crumble with you hands & sprinkle over the Soup.
It will keep in an airtight jar for up to a week
This is my all time favourite Soup & it is pretty impressive served at a dinner party
hickybank
Registered

Postby puss-in-boots » February 15th, 2013, 6:39 pm

Thanks for the recipe Hicky, sounds wonderful, will definitely give it a try and let you know how it turns out and what we think, but I have every confidence in that we will thoroughly enjoy it. Thanks again. :tu:

I make a bog standard one and don't add even half of your listed ingredients so I am now looking forward to making it. :chops:

puss-in-boots
Registered

Postby Lilylouise » February 15th, 2013, 7:05 pm

Thankyou very much for your lovely comments - much appreciated :D
We can grow celeriac but not celery -I prefer celeriac anyway ! I will certainly try the lovely recipe
:D
Lily Louise is my gorgeous 7 year old Grandaughter - you can call me Pam ,my real name, if you like or Lily - I really don't mind :D

Some more photos
:D

Lilylouise
Registered

Postby puss-in-boots » February 15th, 2013, 7:09 pm

Oh my goodness Lily, what an absolutely fabulous garden/display. Truly stunning. Do you do all of it yourself?

And welcome Pam, same name as my Aunt and she is lovely.x

puss-in-boots
Registered

Postby uschi » February 15th, 2013, 7:29 pm

Dali's watch is indeed fun, but I am amazed at the bug!!! He'd freeze here, we still have snow.
Oh, and the optician needs glasses to read his calendar, it's after Ash Wednesday!°° 8-) :lol: :lol: :lol:
uschi
Registered

Postby puss-in-boots » February 15th, 2013, 7:31 pm

Uschi... :?

puss-in-boots
Registered

Postby hickybank » February 15th, 2013, 7:39 pm

Pam that garden is just fabulous I am amazed well done I am certainly looking forward to more of your lovely pics

Terry
hickybank
Registered

Postby puss-in-boots » February 15th, 2013, 7:44 pm

Something happened just then with the boards... :? Must be ;jimlad; as we talking about the picnic!

I am looking forward to more photo's from you too Lily xx

puss-in-boots
Registered

Postby uschi » February 15th, 2013, 7:44 pm

uschi
Registered

Postby puss-in-boots » February 15th, 2013, 7:45 pm

Uschi, no you haven't I just don't understand your last post that is all... :lol: :lol:

Sorry.. :hug:

puss-in-boots
Registered

Postby uschi » February 15th, 2013, 7:48 pm

Sorry, I didn't see Lily's lovely flower garden pictures!!! What a marvellous garden! consider me green with envy!!!
uschi
Registered

Postby chicken_hot_pot² » February 15th, 2013, 8:43 pm

Last edited by chicken_hot_pot² on February 15th, 2013, 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chicken_hot_pot²
Registered

Postby puss-in-boots » February 15th, 2013, 8:49 pm

I get it now, my sincere apologies Uschi... I hope you will forgive me. :hug: :hug:

puss-in-boots
Registered

Postby uschi » February 15th, 2013, 9:20 pm

Ah, misunderstandings all round!!! Nothing to forgive. :hug: :hug: :tu: :tu:

I was reacting to the colourful wigs in the optician's window. Karneval is over :lol: ;) ;) ;) But I keep forgetting that it's more a German thing. :roll:
uschi
Registered

Postby puss-in-boots » February 15th, 2013, 9:43 pm

Uschi it doesn't matter that it is German or any other country, I have been having a real :!: day today... :lol: :lol:

Lightbulbs will resume normally tomorrow... :lol:

I love looking at the pictures of your Carneval they are amazing.

puss-in-boots
Registered

Postby uschi » February 15th, 2013, 11:30 pm

Don't worry, I am not firing on all cylinders at the moment, either. :D
uschi
Registered

Postby amazing » February 16th, 2013, 12:39 am

I wa going to say, just wait until you see the garden. Then Lilylouise posted some pictures. Isn't it wonderful?
Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth, for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk beside the fire: it is the time for home.
(Edith Sitwell)
amazing
Registered

Postby uschi » February 16th, 2013, 1:19 am

Wunder, wunderschön!!!!!!!
uschi
Registered

Postby Capt_Lightning » February 16th, 2013, 1:34 pm

Broken Pipes...

This takes a little explanation..

The seaside village of Whitehills in Aberdeenshire was known for the manufacture of clay tiles, water and drainage pipes.
Coal for the kilns was brought in by small steam ships to the quay and the finished pipes taken away.
Broken or damages pipes were simply dumped by the beach and over the decades, these pipes were broken up and
shaped by the waves. As a result, the shore is covered with red pebbles and bits of old pipe and tiles.

Shine on you Crazy Diamond.
Capt_Lightning
Registered

Postby hickybank » February 16th, 2013, 3:31 pm

Thats a great piece of history capt
hickybank
Registered

Postby uschi » February 16th, 2013, 3:50 pm

Love those!!! You can find similar deposits on the banks of the Rhine in some areas. Makes a super picture!!!

We've got so much fog I don't think I can take any pictures.
uschi
Registered

Postby Lilylouise » February 16th, 2013, 3:58 pm

Thankyou for your lovely comments about our garden :D I do the easy bits and my Hubby does all the hard work :D
Hickybank - sorry - I didn't mean to ignore your question :oops: I only have a point and shoot camera - an HP Photosmart M627 - sometimes I get a good photo but mainly I don't :D I do quite like using the Macro setting :D
There are some great photos on this thread :D
Last edited by Lilylouise on February 16th, 2013, 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lilylouise
Registered

Postby chicken_hot_pot² » February 16th, 2013, 4:16 pm

Capt that's a lovely photo and interesting info about it too. Thanks for sharing it.
chicken_hot_pot²
Registered

Postby Capt_Lightning » February 16th, 2013, 4:33 pm

Whitehills - the old harbour where steam 'lighters' brought in raw materials for the clay works and took away the finished tiles and pipes.
You sometimes see seals swimming in the old harbour, and dolphins just off the shore.

The new harbour used to cater for fishing boats, but is now mainly used for leisure craft.

Capt_Lightning
Registered

Postby chicken_hot_pot² » February 16th, 2013, 9:39 pm

It looks a delightful place to live Capt.

Some more things I saw today.

Getting rather carried away now that I'm back on the Net!!
Last edited by chicken_hot_pot² on February 16th, 2013, 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chicken_hot_pot²
Registered

Postby uschi » February 16th, 2013, 10:41 pm

Very impressive Captain!!

Oooh, Jane, I'd love to have the bottle! Just it, not the perfume!!! How tall is it?

The poor crabs! I once saw a lady preparing them on French TV. They were hacked in half with a cleaver and then went into the frying pan where things got quite lively until she added the stock. :? :sprout: :scared: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The flower shop pictures are wonderful!

But the one of Tigger and Bonnie is amazing!!! Like the bag picture it tells a story. Give it a good caption and turn it into an E-card. :D

Your little blue flower is a veronica.
uschi
Registered

Postby chicken_hot_pot² » February 16th, 2013, 10:50 pm

chicken_hot_pot²
Registered

Postby uschi » February 16th, 2013, 11:02 pm

They are and sometimes they can turn a meadow into a small "lake" when they take over. It's a wonderful sight!!!
uschi
Registered

Postby amazing » February 17th, 2013, 12:03 am

Capt Lightening My hubby and I are borrowing a friends motoer home and touring round the second week in April. May give you a visit. Hoping to go down Mull of Kintyre then a general tour up north.
Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth, for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk beside the fire: it is the time for home.
(Edith Sitwell)
amazing
Registered

Postby Capt_Lightning » February 17th, 2013, 10:08 am

Amazing... I don't know where you're starting from, however...

Most visitors seem to think that Scotland only has a West coast. NOT true.
The west is generally rugged and dramatic, but is also statistically 3 or 4 times wetter than the east and is plagued by midgies.
You might be OK in April.
The East is more gentle, less touristy, but has some great beaches, good walking and of course distilleries :tu:

Anyway - a couple of photos to give you something to look forward to...

Dunnet head - most N.E point of GB. Near John o'Groats and V.good campsite at Thurso.

The late Queen Mother's house at Castle of Mey - near John o' Groats too - fascinating place.
It's a private house - Not a historic monument.

The ruins of Slains castle at Cruden bay. Bram Stoker was a frequent visitor to the castle and local area.
It is suggested that the castle was the inspiration for Dracula's castle.
And Yes, I know the book was set in Whitby, but it was written in Cruden Bay.

Capt_Lightning
Registered

Postby chicken_hot_pot² » February 17th, 2013, 5:14 pm

Those are fantastic photos Capt. I love Scotland, though haven't been there that often.

Some other things I saw yesterday.
chicken_hot_pot²
Registered

Postby uschi » February 17th, 2013, 5:29 pm

The only time I made it to Scotland it was the East Coast I visited and I enjoyed it very much.
uschi
Registered

Postby uschi » February 17th, 2013, 8:25 pm

Wonderful sign and facades, Jane!! And the tunnel shots are very interesting, too!!

Just some of my baking efforts from today ... cinnamon snails (a bit like Chelsea buns with apple compote) and sweet buns.

uschi
Registered

Postby chicken_hot_pot² » February 18th, 2013, 1:18 pm

Ohh yes please Uschi, I think we could all do with some of those. :drool: :drool: :drool:

I've just had a egg mayonnaise sandwich for lunch but discovered too late that we didn't have any mayonnaise, used some crème épaisse instead. It worked rather well for a change. :o
chicken_hot_pot²
Registered

Postby hickybank » February 18th, 2013, 6:48 pm

Looks like an interesting area capt would like to get up there some time.

Uschi stop teasing me with cake, we are both on a diet :(

Some pics from my feeders during the bad weather & also a late evening walk when the sun cast a nice shade on everything
http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa3 ... 3d4fbd.jpg

http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa3 ... 96afee.jpg

hickybank
Registered

Postby uschi » February 18th, 2013, 7:36 pm

Oooh, love your birds!!! None are coming to my birdtable anymore. :( :( :(
The catkins and the tree are lovely, too!!!

A reflection of the Kirche am Kolk. I was quite taken by the colour.

In keeping wit a diet, Turkish bulgur salad, still warm.

uschi
Registered

Postby hickybank » February 18th, 2013, 7:57 pm

Yes that is a good reflection as well,
As for food I only have less 2kg to lose now 7kg already lost

Today was beautiful so spent the day at our local reserve.

Check out the cheeky Robin, a little blurred but over in a split second

http://www.flickr.com/photos/62075431@N ... 6539/show/
hickybank
Registered

Postby uschi » February 18th, 2013, 8:30 pm

Oooh, consider me green with envy!! That robin is too sweet!!! And I am amazed it was this cheeky! Love the other birds, too! The crested grebe is amazing as is the little black guy with the bright eyes! :kneel:
uschi
Registered

PreviousNext

Return to The Coffee Shop