[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Wildfood.info • View topic - Choosing a cookware

Choosing a cookware

Out by the shed, near the chicken coop. The place everyone hangs out to discuss the various edibles they raise in their gardens/allotments.

Choosing a cookware

Postby SophieCross » March 8th, 2017, 1:21 pm

Hello!

I'm planning to get a new as a token for my friend. I'm torn between stainless steel or iron cookware. Anybody here could give me suggestion?

Thank you.
Last edited by SophieCross on March 10th, 2017, 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
SophieCross

Re: Choosing a cookware

Postby Suelle » March 8th, 2017, 1:25 pm

I'd go for stainless steel. As someone in their 60s now, I can testify that ironware, while lasting a lifetime, becomes very heavy to use as you age.
Suelle
Global Moderator

Postby suffolk » March 8th, 2017, 1:41 pm

I agree with Suelle. :D

I loved my cast iron pots and pans, but even in my forties I began to find some of them began to put a strain on my wrists when they were full, and bit by bit replaced them with stainless steel. I offered the cast iron ones to my daughter but even she said they were too heavy (and she's a tough cookie).

Now in my 60s the only cast iron pans I have are my very big Dutch Oven type casserole which I can just about slide in and out of the oven two handed, and my ridged griddle pan for steaks, chops etc.
“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
suffolk
Registered

Postby SophieCross » March 8th, 2017, 2:38 pm

Thank you :)
SophieCross

Postby suffolk » March 8th, 2017, 4:06 pm

You're welcome Sophie :D Nice to meet you :D :wave:
“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
suffolk
Registered

Return to The Kitchen Garden