[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Wildfood.info • View topic - Elizabeth is Missing

Elizabeth is Missing

A place to discuss Food TV and radio programmes.

Elizabeth is Missing

Postby Pepper Pig » December 9th, 2019, 8:24 am

I really didn't think a play would do the book justice but I thought it was fantastic. Glenda Jackson was absolutely superb. Anyone else enjoy it?
Pepper Pig
Registered

Re: Elizabeth is Missing

Postby suffolk » December 9th, 2019, 8:49 am

We’ve recorded it ... I found myself unable to read the book when it was given to me a few years ago ... it was all a bit close to home at the time and I have the book to a friend ... however I’m a huge Glenda Jackson fan and having heard her talking about it on the radio the other day I’ll give the programme a go within the next few days, now that (hopefully) I’ve got a bit of distance ...
“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
suffolk
Registered

Postby StokeySue » December 9th, 2019, 8:53 am

Ditto Suffolk. I might watch it some time
StokeySue
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » December 9th, 2019, 9:13 am

I have read the book which was well done. The trailer looked very good (as in superb acting etc). Decided I didn't want to handle it though.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Suelle » December 9th, 2019, 9:17 am

Much as I admired Glenda Jackson, and thought it an interesting storyline, it made me dread the possibility of developing Alzheimer's even more than I did beforehand - it was a frightening portrayal of how chaotic one's mind becomes.
Suelle
Global Moderator

Postby scullion » December 9th, 2019, 9:22 am

i, too, have recorded it although i feel a trailer gave away the gist of the story - which i am annoyed about.
scullion
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » December 10th, 2019, 3:27 pm

My mother enjoyed it... she thought it was very good.
“In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer." Albert Camus
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby KC2 » December 14th, 2019, 11:26 pm

KC2
Registered

Return to TV and Radio