[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Wildfood.info • View topic - Your favourite photo.s

Your favourite photo.s

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Re: Your favourite photo.s

Postby chicken_hot_pot² » February 18th, 2013, 8:37 pm

Beautiful bird photos Terry, have made comments on Flickr.

The early evening light is indeed wonderful.

Uschi all this food is making me fatter. :scared:

The last from me from the other day. Will have to try and get out again now.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/44506883@N04/
I can still cook Yorkshire Puddings.
chicken_hot_pot²
Registered

Postby uschi » February 18th, 2013, 8:40 pm

The first flower is fascinating, especially since I have no idea what it is. :lol: :lol: :lol:

And the tulip is a feast for the eyes. Love the old shp front, too!!!

Jane bulgur salad isn't that fattening, lots of cucumber, tomato, lettuce and carrots in there.
Last edited by uschi on February 18th, 2013, 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
uschi
Registered

Postby hickybank » February 18th, 2013, 10:12 pm

Great flowers so faar in front of ours & yes I like the shop front as well, the cloud looks like one in an an advert on TV but can't remember which one.
Thanks for your comments, today was really good

Terry
Common sense is not so common
A brain is as strong as it's weakest think
hickybank
Registered

Postby amazing » February 18th, 2013, 11:12 pm

Capt LIghtening we will be leaving from Dunbar.
Being shown the motor home and all its gubbins and foybles next Monday afternon. Belongs to a very good friend who lives in Cyprus but still has family here.

I am so looking forward to 'getting' away. Haven't had a holiday for a few years.

When I was young we used to 'camp' way up at Auchmelvich but road would be a bit narrow for a motor home. I did take my husband there about 40 years ago and it hadn't changed much.
We will definitely visit the east coast. Probably go down and then up west.

40 year ago we did a tour round, started in Edinburgh going up the east coast and down the west coast. Wonder if I still have some photos.

Scotland is a wonderous place.
Last edited by amazing on February 18th, 2013, 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth, for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk beside the fire: it is the time for home.
(Edith Sitwell)
amazing
Registered

Postby uschi » February 18th, 2013, 11:36 pm

I'm sorry for all those dieting, but I am rather proud of my Rüblitorten (carrot cakes). :lol:

uschi
Registered

Postby hickybank » February 19th, 2013, 1:19 am

Now you are just being cruel :( :(
hickybank
Registered

Postby amazing » February 19th, 2013, 1:24 am

Uschi they look wonderful, did you make em?
Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth, for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk beside the fire: it is the time for home.
(Edith Sitwell)
amazing
Registered

Postby uschi » February 19th, 2013, 8:34 am

I did, but I hasten to add that I used shop bought carrots. I didn't feel like making them myself this time. Maybe for Easter when I could also make a few nests.

The icing is less garish now.

uschi
Registered

Postby chicken_hot_pot² » February 19th, 2013, 8:09 pm

chicken_hot_pot²
Registered

Postby uschi » February 19th, 2013, 10:28 pm

I didn't think it was a honeysuckle as they flower in summer, but I've googled and yes, it could be "Lonicera x purpusii". Well spotted!!!

I like Clara, friendly but with a hint of scepticism.
Bertie is a soppy sweetie, as usual! Both the ducks and the moss look very springlike, too!!!
uschi
Registered

Postby chicken_hot_pot² » February 20th, 2013, 8:42 am

chicken_hot_pot²
Registered

Postby hickybank » February 20th, 2013, 11:23 am

Hi Jane,
So back to chasing strangers & will look forward to seeing them,

The water birds in their breeding plumage is great to see,while we were out last time we watched the Great Crested grebesperform their mating dance it is wonderful to watch,

Dried out & wrinkled I think that describes me perfectly :lol: :lol: :lol:

Terry
hickybank
Registered

Postby chicken_hot_pot² » February 20th, 2013, 2:07 pm

chicken_hot_pot²
Registered

Postby uschi » February 20th, 2013, 2:41 pm

BTW Jane, the carrot cake is very moist, it contains no flour at all just a little cornstarch and loads of ground nuts and almonds. :D
uschi
Registered

Postby spotteddick » February 20th, 2013, 3:00 pm

WE need another couple of weeks for our Great crested Grebes to start their mating dance, I was lucky last year saw the male diving and bringing a fish to its mate. This was right beside Schweriner Schloss up near the Baltic coast there was at least 20 breeding pairs, smashing sight. I will try and get up there again when we are moving. They have a few nesting eagles around as well. Of course the area is famous for the Storks and Cranes, this is one their breeding areas.

Here are a few photos etc of the grebes that are on my Blog:
http://spotteddick-itsallinthegame.blog ... linik.html
Cheers

Dick

Just because you're wandering doesn't mean you're lost!!

http://spotteddick-itsallinthegame.blogspot.com/
spotteddick
Registered

Postby hickybank » February 20th, 2013, 3:17 pm

Mallards are great only interested in sex or fighting, this picture of a couple of males getting stuck in over a female, although you cannot see her she is under the two fighting males in the second picture

http://www.flickr.com/photos/62075431@N02/8491491749/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/62075431@N02/8449158268/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/62075431@N02/8491499737/
Last edited by hickybank on February 20th, 2013, 3:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
hickybank
Registered

Postby hickybank » February 20th, 2013, 3:20 pm

That must have been a great sight Dick I love watching them

Terry
hickybank
Registered

Postby chicken_hot_pot² » February 20th, 2013, 8:24 pm

chicken_hot_pot²
Registered

Postby uschi » February 20th, 2013, 9:11 pm

Richard, those mallards are lovely. As for the frogs, they are amazingly early.

Is Linda in Kur at the moment? D'oh, I didn't realise. It's a pity they sent her at this time of year.

Jane, that family portrait is marvellous! They look blissed out!

The doves and the doorhandle are great! As if they were part of a story.

The thing in the hairdresser's looks like an allium flower. I wonder whether it is just an ornament or whether there's a hair grip hidden in it.
uschi
Registered

Postby uschi » February 20th, 2013, 9:26 pm

I didn't get much time to snap, but for a fleeting moment there was a lovely light on the valley and the lightest flurry of snow in the air.

uschi
Registered

Postby hickybank » February 20th, 2013, 9:27 pm

That is one chilled out family Jane & that door handle is lovely, I have no idea what that is in the window either

Terry
hickybank
Registered

Postby chicken_hot_pot² » February 20th, 2013, 9:39 pm

chicken_hot_pot²
Registered

Postby uschi » February 20th, 2013, 10:08 pm

My guess is that the white allium is just something to decorate the window. And in all likelihood it's plastic or plastic and silk.
uschi
Registered

Postby chicken_hot_pot² » February 20th, 2013, 10:29 pm

chicken_hot_pot²
Registered

Postby chicken_hot_pot² » February 21st, 2013, 7:11 pm

It's gone freezing cold here today. I got out for a very short walk but didn't feel like trying to find a stranger, just too cold to stop, plus there was almost no-one around.
But a few photos I took.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/44506883@N ... 8493674471
chicken_hot_pot²
Registered

Postby hickybank » February 21st, 2013, 9:03 pm

Nice phot's Jane commented on flickr
hickybank
Registered

Postby uschi » February 21st, 2013, 9:30 pm

Aaah, Jane!!! Lovely to see you!!! And yes, it looks like you are in demand. Do you ever get to relax???
Love the river and the hotel!

Nothing from me today. Well, except more cakes, but I don't want to scupper your diets. ;)
uschi
Registered

Postby chicken_hot_pot² » February 22nd, 2013, 9:02 am

chicken_hot_pot²
Registered

Postby chicken_hot_pot² » February 22nd, 2013, 9:02 pm

Other than the 1st photo in my stream today the others were me playing with PhotoScape as it really was just too cold to go out.
chicken_hot_pot²
Registered

Postby uschi » February 22nd, 2013, 9:18 pm

That's a pity about the picture being the only one of you. I think one ought to see the photographer, too, at least on occasion. ;)

What are the little balls? Potato croquettes?

Your experiments look great, especially the inverted bee.
uschi
Registered

Postby hickybank » February 22nd, 2013, 9:49 pm

Brilliant pictures Jane, I love the inverted Bee, wish I could trust photoscape but it caused so many problems last time I tried it I think I will leave it alaone.
hickybank
Registered

Postby chicken_hot_pot² » February 22nd, 2013, 10:08 pm

Last edited by chicken_hot_pot² on February 22nd, 2013, 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chicken_hot_pot²
Registered

Postby hickybank » February 22nd, 2013, 11:24 pm

Thanks Jane I might try again then.

Cheers
terry
that was some church ceiling wasn't it
hickybank
Registered

Postby chicken_hot_pot² » February 23rd, 2013, 10:39 am

Last edited by chicken_hot_pot² on February 23rd, 2013, 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
chicken_hot_pot²
Registered

Postby hickybank » February 23rd, 2013, 2:55 pm

hickybank
Registered

Postby chicken_hot_pot² » February 23rd, 2013, 7:41 pm

Last edited by chicken_hot_pot² on February 23rd, 2013, 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chicken_hot_pot²
Registered

Postby uschi » February 23rd, 2013, 11:29 pm

Lovely! The markings on the tree are truly cryptic.
As for what's growing on the wall, that's prickly lettuce.

I'm jealous of the bottle in the river, I could have used that for the photo club. :D

It's cold here, too. Just -2°C, but it feels colder. And there's snow, too.
uschi
Registered

Postby chicken_hot_pot² » February 24th, 2013, 7:52 pm

chicken_hot_pot²
Registered

Postby uschi » February 24th, 2013, 8:42 pm

Don't be sorry Jane!!! I was just kidding!!

All that food looks yummy! I made a pasta sauce with fried chicken breasts and had Aldi's fresh stuffed pasta with it. Yum, yum.

We had some snow, too, overnight. Nothing too pretty, but I ventured forth to the graveyards to snap pictures anyway.

Here's my booty. I liked the angel in the second picture best. It's tiny, only two inches across, but it spread cheer in the snow.

uschi
Registered

Postby chicken_hot_pot² » February 24th, 2013, 9:36 pm

chicken_hot_pot²
Registered

Postby uschi » February 24th, 2013, 9:48 pm

Thank you.It was fun. I need to get back into the habit of walking more again.
uschi
Registered

Postby chicken_hot_pot² » February 24th, 2013, 10:04 pm

chicken_hot_pot²
Registered

Postby uschi » February 24th, 2013, 10:11 pm

Only -2°C here, so not too bad. I wore a fleece under my coat and my trusty fluffy pink gloves.
uschi
Registered

Postby chicken_hot_pot² » February 25th, 2013, 7:15 am

chicken_hot_pot²
Registered

Postby hickybank » February 25th, 2013, 10:10 am

Brilliant photo's Uschi, there are lots that are really great quality you must be very pleased with them, sure to be some winners amongst them, I really enjoyed looking at them.

Terry
hickybank
Registered

Postby uschi » February 25th, 2013, 11:18 am

The light was a bit dull, but I got to try out a few things. And there are some features I want to return to later.
I've noticed how many statues have damage to their hands. Sometimes it is vandalism, sometimes just decay. It might make an interesting series in the end.
uschi
Registered

Postby hickybank » February 25th, 2013, 11:31 am

hickybank
Registered

Postby uschi » February 25th, 2013, 11:36 am

Love it!!! Makes me dream of summer!!!
BTW, I had some of these on my Karneval hat. ;-)
uschi
Registered

Postby chicken_hot_pot² » February 25th, 2013, 12:03 pm

It's a beautiful photo Terry. :)
chicken_hot_pot²
Registered

Postby chicken_hot_pot² » February 25th, 2013, 8:01 pm

Some others from me. Only the first one is new, the others were taken in the summer. Sill cold here with more snow and freezing forecast. :( It might cheer up one day. :o
chicken_hot_pot²
Registered

PreviousNext

Return to The Coffee Shop