[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Wildfood.info • View topic - Your favourite photo.s

Your favourite photo.s

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Re: Your favourite photo.s

Postby chicken_hot_pot² » March 3rd, 2013, 7:04 pm

The sun came out and it was warm enough to go out for a proper walk. At long last. :)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/44506883@N04/
I can still cook Yorkshire Puddings.
chicken_hot_pot²
Registered

Postby uschi » March 3rd, 2013, 7:47 pm

Wonderful selection of pictures!! I like Laurent's profile better than the full face.

The snowdrops are delightful and I bet that chaffinch is as fed up with winter as we are. He looks very ready for spring.

The flowers have beautiful colours and that tea set is to die for.
As for the hamster ... awww!!!
uschi
Registered

Postby hickybank » March 3rd, 2013, 7:50 pm

I agree with Uschi re stranger, beautiful flowers. comments on flickr Jane

Terry
Common sense is not so common
A brain is as strong as it's weakest think
hickybank
Registered

Postby chicken_hot_pot² » March 3rd, 2013, 9:06 pm

chicken_hot_pot²
Registered

Postby chicken_hot_pot² » March 4th, 2013, 8:16 pm

Some taken yesterday and others today. Was out looking for strangers when our friend rang to say that she was in town with her son. Strangers went on hold for me to spend a great afternoon with them both. :) Photos of that tomorrow.

Last edited by chicken_hot_pot² on March 4th, 2013, 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chicken_hot_pot²
Registered

Postby hickybank » March 4th, 2013, 8:32 pm

Nice photo' Jane comments on flickr also changed my mind, now think the Rosemary is Portugese Heather

Terry
hickybank
Registered

Postby uschi » March 4th, 2013, 9:55 pm

Great fungi and I also like the seasons running over into each other, as for the flower it's a heather, but don't ask me which one.

The moss and the structured stone look very good. I wonder about those stones, too. Are they perhaps of volcanic origin? Calcified moss??? No idea, but they look great.

Lovely houses, too, and that finch looks so happy.

HIcky, I rather like that leaf in the water. Lovely contrast between sharp and blur. The ducks look wonderful, too. As for the horse: haaach!!! Right up my street. Great picture with those brightly coloured passengers.

Just the one from me, another reflection.

uschi
Registered

Postby chicken_hot_pot² » March 5th, 2013, 5:11 am

chicken_hot_pot²
Registered

Postby Mamta » March 5th, 2013, 10:15 am

Lovely pictures Terry and Uschi. I can't post comments on flickr. I can't even post my own pictures on Flickr, it has locked me out, as has facebook and a few other accounts, like Dobbies, not sure why? I had a 2 weeks gap while I was away, when I did not use these. I can't alter password or anything, it doesn't work. I don't know what is going on with my computer :-(.
Anyway, your pictures a good Terry, especially the leaf in the water.
Here are few of mine, hope they come okay here;
1 Fruit  market-A static Fruit stall 600.jpg

A fruit Stall
1 Fruit  market-Fruit delivery 600.jpg

Fruit delivery
1 Fruit  market-Fruit Juice stall and que 600.jpg

Fruit juice shop, selling sugar cane and carrot juice. If you go to India, never have juice from such stalls, you WILL get a stomach upset for sure!
Mamta
Registered

Postby uschi » March 5th, 2013, 10:25 am

Ahh, such a colourful world!! Love it, Mamta! Mind you, that horse would need lots of TLC to get it back into a half-decent shape. Poor thing.

The fruit stall looks very inviting. As for the fruit juices ... I don't even fancy the fruit juice stalls in the malls here as they don't always work as cleanly as they should.

About your accounts: have you checked your cookie settings? Your browser should be told to accept cookies from these sites. Or maybe it is now set to wipe all cookies? In that case give some sites an exemption so their cookies can stay.
uschi
Registered

Postby Mamta » March 5th, 2013, 10:27 am

Most of the market stalls on wheels, the sellers take them home at the end of the day. Their place in the market is booked, for which they sometimes pay large amounts of money.
A few more:
Grape Vallah
1 Fruit  market-Grape vallah 600.jpg

Cape gooseberries;
1 Fruit market-Cape gooseberies.jpg

Pomegranates
1 Fruit  market-Pomegranate vallah 600.jpg

Papayas;
1 Fruit  market-Papaya vallah 600.jpg

Market mobile stalls on wheels
1 Fruit market-stalls.jpg
Mamta
Registered

Postby uschi » March 5th, 2013, 10:33 am

Goodness! Are the Cape gooseberries physalis??? They are huge? And do they peel the husk back for a better display?
uschi
Registered

Postby Mamta » March 5th, 2013, 10:41 am

Mamta
Registered

Postby Mamta » March 5th, 2013, 10:44 am

Last edited by Mamta on March 5th, 2013, 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mamta
Registered

Postby uschi » March 5th, 2013, 10:44 am

My firefox has this under "Extras". Trouble is, it is all in German. But it should be next to "Help" and if you click onto the window it should also give you something like "Options" further down the window.
uschi
Registered

Postby hickybank » March 5th, 2013, 6:29 pm

Hi Mamta those photo's are wonderful such great colours, you must be very pleased with them

Possibly the best day of the year so far here,great walk & I was very happy with the photo opportunities, I do like the reflections.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/62075431@N ... 0684/show/

Terry
hickybank
Registered

Postby uschi » March 5th, 2013, 7:48 pm

Wonderful set! From the white feather to the moss and those gorgeous snowdrops! Lovely!
And how well you caught the ducks and their reflections. It made me think of Hölderlin's "Half of Life"

"You graceful swans,
And drunk with kisses
You dip your heads
Into the holy sober water."

OK, OK, they are ducks, but there is something of that mood about them.

The study of the horse's eye is great, too.

It's a bit of a long story with me today, but I I was at the botanical gardens and found I'd nearly missed the crocus meadow in full flower. So I went overboard a bit.
Everyone goes to see the crocus meadow, but few notice this lot nearby ... cyclamen galore.

First attempt. Not quite.

Ahh, this is better.

I must go back tomorrow and take this one without the bleeding twig.

They actually have several crocus lawns. The smaller ones are easier to snap.

The blackbirds were enjoying themselves, too.

a little claustrophobic ...

Talk about a twisted branch.

This one's for you, Jane. ;)

Tiny, but pretty, a puschkinia scilloides

They certainly got through the winter all right, but no toads of frogs yet.

An Eranthis hyemalis, or Winterling as we call it.

uschi
Registered

Postby hickybank » March 5th, 2013, 8:03 pm

Wow certainly busy Uschi some great pics, sometimes the easy shots are not that easy but you have caught them well, great reflection of the tower & the gnarled tree,the pic for Jane is good to.

Terry
hickybank
Registered

Postby uschi » March 5th, 2013, 8:17 pm

Thank you. It was lovely to get out and I wasn't the only one snapping. Believe me, there were some really big guns out there. :D :D :D
uschi
Registered

Postby Mamta » March 5th, 2013, 9:07 pm

Such beautiful pictures Uschi, really colourful.
One question, how do you manage to fit in all those pictures into one post? When I try, it refuse to accept after 4. Mine are reduced size as well.
Horse's face (eye) is impressive, mallards beautiful and that feather, just sublime :tu:
Last edited by Mamta on March 5th, 2013, 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mamta
Registered

Postby uschi » March 5th, 2013, 10:55 pm

Ah, I just post the IMG code. I have inserted two asterix * to show what I mean.

[IMG*]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/Ullalala/cyclamen2.jpg[*/IMG]
uschi
Registered

Postby Mamta » March 6th, 2013, 8:05 am

Mamta
Registered

Postby chicken_hot_pot² » March 6th, 2013, 10:18 am

Wow, what fantastic photos. Mamta yours are so interesting as they're a long way from anything I see here. Uschi, those flowers are stunners. But two of my favourites are the reflection and the tree. Terry, I've made a comment on Flickr. :)

Sorry I didn't get in yesterday, but my Internet connection was so slow that I gave up. Can't afford to waste units from my G3 Key like that. But, now that I'm at the main connection I can link some photos, mostly taken on Sunday; I think, when the weather was better.

Hoping that when I get home the Internet is running to speed. X fingers.
chicken_hot_pot²
Registered

Postby uschi » March 6th, 2013, 10:56 am

uschi
Registered

Postby chicken_hot_pot² » March 6th, 2013, 11:49 am

chicken_hot_pot²
Registered

Postby uschi » March 6th, 2013, 12:29 pm

Those Thuja cones also make great ornaments for winter arrangements. Either au nature or with a lick of gold paint or glitter.
uschi
Registered

Postby hickybank » March 6th, 2013, 1:59 pm

Nice photo's again Jane comments of flickr as usual

terry
hickybank
Registered

Postby uschi » March 6th, 2013, 5:00 pm

I'm still wrestling with what to do for tomorrow evening at the photoclub. No motto, so I am free to choose.
I could always take some of yesterday's flowers, but I feel they are too ordinary. The light was lovely this afternoon, so I experimented with some necklaces and some chiffon fabric. Let me know what you think please.

(deleted - I need to make some room in my account)
Last edited by uschi on March 8th, 2013, 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
uschi
Registered

Postby hickybank » March 6th, 2013, 6:10 pm

I would go with the last one, it has more balance to it, also yesterdys reflection of the tower might be worth looking at, I would play around with cropping it to remove the distraction of the people at the top of the photo, what do you think

Terry
hickybank
Registered

Postby uschi » March 6th, 2013, 6:18 pm

The reflection was the one that I was pondering. I'll play around with it. Thank you!
uschi
Registered

Postby chicken_hot_pot² » March 6th, 2013, 7:32 pm

Those are wonderful Uschi. I like N° 3 & 5 best.

Had to go out this afternoon so took my camera too.
chicken_hot_pot²
Registered

Postby uschi » March 6th, 2013, 8:37 pm

That pansy is lovely! And so are the honeysuckles with the bees. The advert is fun, too!

I wonder whether the pigeon knows that it landed beside the grilled chicken??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the comment!
uschi
Registered

Postby chicken_hot_pot² » March 6th, 2013, 8:52 pm

chicken_hot_pot²
Registered

Postby uschi » March 6th, 2013, 9:52 pm

I think my aunt makes them into soup. :lol:

As for the pansies: I first noticed these in Holland in the '90s I think. Any shade from pale yellow to orange and with lines instead of faces. Very attractive!
uschi
Registered

Postby Mamta » March 7th, 2013, 6:56 am

Tower is lovely, as is the 6th one of the necklaces Uschi.
Mamta
Registered

Postby chicken_hot_pot² » March 7th, 2013, 6:05 pm

A few from me taken on Sunday, not been nice enough to go out for a walk today and we've been very busy anyway.

chicken_hot_pot²
Registered

Postby uschi » March 7th, 2013, 9:22 pm

Jane, the tree stump and the knobbly bit are great! The latter looks as though it is yawning. The flowers make me think of spring and so do the shorts. :lol: It was warm enough for them yesterday and the day before.

For the photoclub tonight I used the reflection of the Elisentower, cropped, as Terry suggested, the crocus in the dead grass and green glass bead nest No 7.
Terry, thanks for the suggestion, I managed to make sixth place with the tower - the other two managed the two last places. :lol:
The Beckmann brothers each had three excellent entries, so I am very content, making it to the the best place after them.

Something from the hot house in the botanical gardens.
A camelia

and an orchid.
uschi
Registered

Postby hickybank » March 7th, 2013, 10:40 pm

Well done Uschi glad to be of help.;
Nothiing from me apart from a couple uploaded to flickr form some time back

Off to visit freinds on Saturday for a few days will take camera but weather looks pretty grim.
Terry

http://www.flickr.com/photos/62075431@N02/8536056905/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/62075431@N02/8536051059/
hickybank
Registered

Postby uschi » March 7th, 2013, 11:30 pm

Posted comments on Flickr. The weather is a problem. I need street pictures in a fortnight. Actually, I need them earlier as I need to send away for the pictures. And with only such short slots of good weather I haven't got any. I guess I'll have to try for a few night pictures. :D :D :D ;) ;)
uschi
Registered

Postby chicken_hot_pot² » March 8th, 2013, 9:09 am

chicken_hot_pot²
Registered

Postby Mamta » March 8th, 2013, 1:03 pm

I was taking pictures of my brother's 4 year old grandson in India recently. He insisted that he wanted to take one of the two of us. Not a bad effort for a 4 year old. He has got us in the centre of the shot and waited for the auto to focus! It was a cold, but fairly sunny morning. The sun was slightly to the left and behind us.
Alok's family-Alok and mamta-Picture taken by Aarit.jpg

This is him;
Aarit 1000.jpg
Mamta
Registered

Postby Mamta » March 8th, 2013, 2:12 pm

For birdwatchers, here are the birds that happen to come along my way, I did not go birdwatching as such;
http://s148.beta.photobucket.com/user/M ... Uttranchal
Mamta
Registered

Postby icelesley » March 8th, 2013, 2:13 pm

Lovely piccies everyone. I must dig my camera out.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway. Image ImageImage
icelesley
Registered

Postby uschi » March 8th, 2013, 2:40 pm

I have to dash to snap a few pictures of my own, but your little grand nephew is a delightful boy!!!
Wonderful birds, too! The house crow with his piece of bread is fun. I thought it were a jackdaw at first, but the head was wrong.

More later.
uschi
Registered

Postby hickybank » March 8th, 2013, 6:39 pm

Agree Uschi he is a cutie isnt he,great bird pics as well, the Crow witht h bread is a Hooded Crow after that they are outside my scope apart from the Squirrel & that is a Golden Mantled Ground Squirrel.

WE are off tomorrow for a few days see you towards the end of next week

Terry
Last edited by hickybank on March 8th, 2013, 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hickybank
Registered

Postby chicken_hot_pot² » March 8th, 2013, 8:19 pm

Lovely photos Mamta,

A few more from me, taken on Sunday when we has sun. Snow predicted for Sunday. :o
chicken_hot_pot²
Registered

Postby uschi » March 8th, 2013, 8:37 pm

I tried to get out while there was a bit of watery sun, but by the time I got out it was gone. Our next assignments are streets lined with houses (I can't find the English word for "Strassenzug").

I snapped away anyway. Even if the light isn't good I can brood on the pictures and decide which places to snap again if we ever get enough sun in the next ten days.

Your hole in the wall is amazing. I really love the colour.
The berry is lovely, too.
As for the windows ... I'll show you some of mine later and we can compare. 8-)
Last edited by uschi on March 8th, 2013, 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
uschi
Registered

Postby hickybank » March 8th, 2013, 9:03 pm

Last edited by hickybank on March 8th, 2013, 9:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
hickybank
Registered

Postby uschi » March 8th, 2013, 9:45 pm

Not in the sense that we want. The other, more common meaning of Strassenzug is a street with rows of houses.

Like this.

von

(I haven't really worked on the picture yet, it's just to illustrate the word).
uschi
Registered

PreviousNext

Return to The Coffee Shop