[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Wildfood.info • View topic - Your favourite photo.s

Your favourite photo.s

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Re: Your favourite photo.s

Postby hickybank » March 8th, 2013, 10:03 pm

Thanks Ucschi, think with that picture I would cropto get rid of the buiding on the right with a sing & the brown building on the left, I think this will gige a good tunnel effect

Terry
Last edited by hickybank on March 8th, 2013, 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Common sense is not so common
A brain is as strong as it's weakest think
hickybank
Registered

Postby uschi » March 8th, 2013, 10:58 pm

The light isn't good and the sky not right, either. But it's good to have something to play around with and to try and see the best angles, crops and effects.

These streets are fairly narrow and plastered with traffic signs which is a great pity. One cannot always get the best angle. And if one does, then a sign is sure to be in the way. :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
uschi
Registered

Postby Mamta » March 9th, 2013, 10:55 am

Reeds on the river are lovely jane :tu:
Now trying Uschi's method of posting pictures.
Terry, is is known as in India, probably it is always scrounging around in towns and cities. It looks a bit different from the , don't you think?
Thank you Uschi and Terry, yes he is a lovely child, very bright.
Tried posting pictures here using your method Uschi, didn't work for me!
Mamta
Registered

Postby uschi » March 9th, 2013, 11:30 am

I'm sorry Mamta, I didn't phrase it clearly. There is a clickable link, which is the one you have now, but if you look at the options when you click "share" there is also the option "HTMLcode or BBcode" chose the BB (Message board) code and the size and try that.
uschi
Registered

Postby Mamta » March 9th, 2013, 12:00 pm

Some pictures from London Wetland Centre, where I went last Wednesday. There were many ducks from around the world, but with clipped wings, so they don't frly away. It was a nice walk, but not really my cup-of-tea. I like to see them in the wild, even when I get to see only one or two.

Asian Short Clawed Otter
Asian short clawed otters 3.jpg

We watched them being fed.

Coot

Coot-notice feet.jpg

?
Ducks and geese3.jpg

Other picture from the Wetland Centre are here; http://s148.beta.photobucket.com/user/M ... d%20Centre
Mamta
Registered

Postby uschi » March 9th, 2013, 12:05 pm

Well done!!! And I love the feet of that coot!!! The duck is a beauty, too, what wiht all the reflections around it.
uschi
Registered

Postby chicken_hot_pot² » March 9th, 2013, 8:56 pm

Those are beautiful Mamta.

The forecast predicted rain, snow and everything else other than what we got.......sun. :) :bounce:
These are some of what I took today and others from last Sunday.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/44506883@N04/
I can still cook Yorkshire Puddings.
chicken_hot_pot²
Registered

Postby uschi » March 9th, 2013, 9:27 pm

I like Jie! She looks sunny.
The bumble bee is amazing, at the moment it's getting too cold for them. Snow tomorrow. I must cover my flowers again.

Wow for the turret!!! How about trying to change the angle a bit so one can see both sides of the corner under the turret? That might be even more spectacular.

Oooh, Frieday looks good!!

I like the "schoolgirl". Do you think she climbs down from her wall at night and traipses off to the beauty shop??? ;) ;) ;)
uschi
Registered

Postby Mamta » March 10th, 2013, 6:56 am

Nice picture of the underside of the turret Jane. The tubers; are they sugar beet? They look like tubers to me. Sugar beet is white and looks like [url]parsnip[/url] somewhat.
Where did you find the bumble bee in this weather? Nice picture :tu:
Mamta
Registered

Postby chicken_hot_pot² » March 10th, 2013, 5:17 pm

Last edited by chicken_hot_pot² on March 10th, 2013, 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chicken_hot_pot²
Registered

Postby uschi » March 10th, 2013, 9:21 pm

The rest of the family look very nice, too!

And your bumble-bee shots are spectacular!!! It was -2°C in the afternoon here.

The aerials against the sky look very foreboding ... and go well with the attic window. Do they tell a story??? ;)

And here a few pictures from my long walk on Friday. I shan't bother you with the houses yet. The light wasn't great. But I do like this steep garden.

One should look up occasionally ... it's well worth it.

I like the font here. "My hope rests in God - that's why I pay no heed to ill-will"

A poster proclaiming the big litter in this quarter "free". (once upon a time we were allowed to take things that were put out for the litter collection, but not anymore)

Grafiti

a slightly surreal scene

Someone must have had fun here

Green around the gills

looking good!!!

oh baby, baby, balla-balla

an angel ...

uschi
Registered

Postby chicken_hot_pot² » March 10th, 2013, 9:48 pm

chicken_hot_pot²
Registered

Postby uschi » March 10th, 2013, 9:54 pm

Thank you. I tried to sort the falling lines, but it doesn't work well.
uschi
Registered

Postby chicken_hot_pot² » March 11th, 2013, 9:23 am

chicken_hot_pot²
Registered

Postby uschi » March 11th, 2013, 9:27 am

I did try, but got it wrong. I will be back. But this isn't the photo club, and this isn't just about the perfect picture, but also about impressions, so I thought I'd show it anyway. :D
uschi
Registered

Postby chicken_hot_pot² » March 11th, 2013, 2:12 pm

Ahh, I thought it might have been for the photo club. If not then I like it as it is. :bounce: :)
chicken_hot_pot²
Registered

Postby uschi » March 11th, 2013, 2:35 pm

Naah, as I said, the light was wrong, but still, the cats and the little things I noticed were impressions I wanted to share, even if they aren't perfect.
I'll be off to the crafts fair on Thursday ... I am hoping to find something for one of the mottos in April: colour rush. :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't think I'll have much to show for the next meeting when it'll be street vistas. Unless the weather clears up miraculously this week. :scared: :lol: :lol: :lol:
uschi
Registered

Postby Mamta » March 11th, 2013, 4:20 pm

Went out today to Wendover woods, but was too cold and not many birds about. So came back and no pictures. I am feeling too lazy to pile on the clothes and go out today :-(.
Mamta
Registered

Postby uschi » March 11th, 2013, 5:20 pm

No new pictures from me, either.
A) it is too cold.
B) it is snowing. :D :D :D
uschi
Registered

Postby chicken_hot_pot² » March 12th, 2013, 7:37 pm

Internet fell off the edge yesterday and I couldn't get in.

Last photos from Sunday and it's snowing/sleeting here now. :(
chicken_hot_pot²
Registered

Postby uschi » March 12th, 2013, 9:23 pm

Lovely pictures. I am sure the spider is back in its hidey-hole swearing all the way. :lol:
We had about three inches of snow today. :?

The bridge os wonderful and I love the lion!
Last edited by uschi on March 12th, 2013, 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
uschi
Registered

Postby chicken_hot_pot² » March 12th, 2013, 9:38 pm

Thanks Uschi, I'm sure the spider is really cross, it's not nice here at all. :? :(
I like the bridge too, came out better than I thought it would. The lion doorbell was fun. :)

Thanks for your comment on Flickr.
chicken_hot_pot²
Registered

Postby uschi » March 12th, 2013, 11:51 pm

I keep forgetting to post there. Don't take it personal, it's somehow not on my radar. :oops: :oops: :oops:

I did snap the snow today, but I'm busy getting the house in order. I'll be off to the crafts fair on Thursday and I'll leave the keys with my neighbours just in case. And should something happen the flat should look decent. I am not the greatest Hausfrau around, I'm afraid.
uschi
Registered

Postby chicken_hot_pot² » March 13th, 2013, 9:42 am

chicken_hot_pot²
Registered

Postby chicken_hot_pot² » March 13th, 2013, 8:42 pm

Having been stuck in all day for various really boring reasons I played around with PhotoScape again, other than for the last photo you'll see.
chicken_hot_pot²
Registered

Postby uschi » March 13th, 2013, 9:43 pm

The flies and the white rose are my favourites. The blue of the yellow flower is lovely, but it the subtle purple background could do with something else. Something less dominating.

Great bees, too. As for the little flowers ... no idea.
uschi
Registered

Postby hickybank » March 13th, 2013, 10:24 pm

Back after my short break visiting our friends, we had a lovely time, it was very cold but we went walking every day, here are a few pics, thanks for comments on flickr Jane, your pics are great as well, I like the inverted negative very much.

Terry
http://www.flickr.com/photos/62075431@N ... 0563/show/
hickybank
Registered

Postby chicken_hot_pot² » March 14th, 2013, 10:24 am

chicken_hot_pot²
Registered

Postby Mamta » March 14th, 2013, 4:57 pm

Terry, you take such good pictures, they are fabulous. Such vibrant colours :tu: .
Pete came and he has sorted out my computer. I am unblocked and can now post pictures on my facebook, as well as flickr, finally!
In case anyone missed opening the last attachment, here they are again;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mamta1/
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... tif_t=like
I couldn't identify some birds 100%, so if anyone knows, please help me out.
Mamta
Registered

Postby hickybank » March 14th, 2013, 7:03 pm

Thank you mamta but your bird pics are very good to, the unidentified one could be a Brown Rock Chat but not 100% sure

I cannot see the facebook pics but I don't have an account mabye that is why

Terry
hickybank
Registered

Postby chicken_hot_pot² » March 14th, 2013, 8:30 pm

Beautiful birds mamta and I could see both links, but I have a Facebook account (not that I use it that much). :lol: :lol: :lol:

It was freezing cold out today but beautifully sunny so wrapped up to the nines I went out for an afternoon stroll. Here's some of what I saw.

Uschi, I was near the Yew tree again and rubbed the flowers, got covered in very light yellow pollen, as you said. :)
chicken_hot_pot²
Registered

Postby uschi » March 14th, 2013, 11:42 pm

Sorry, Terry, I don't know how I overlooked you last night. Too busy preparing for today, I guess.

I hope you had good boots with you, that path looks bottomless. ;) ;)
Your ducks look very enterprising. Lovely colours, too.

And the killer-sheep is very creepy. :? ;) ;) ;)

But the fungi are the best!!! They come out great on that golden wood and the green moss!

Mamta, I love your parakeets! And that striped squirrel is very sweet! I didn't know that some larks have short toes. I wonder whether they are related to my friend Monika, her toes are extremely short, too.

Jane, those flowers in blue and yelow really make me long for spring!!!

The moss receding into the distance is wonderful!!! There should be a story attached.

I like the new shot of the turret! The edge under the round looks good.

I was busy sorting my spoils from the crafts fair today. Pictures tomorrow.
uschi
Registered

Postby Mamta » March 15th, 2013, 6:11 am

Mamta
Registered

Postby chicken_hot_pot² » March 15th, 2013, 8:51 pm

Last edited by chicken_hot_pot² on March 15th, 2013, 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chicken_hot_pot²
Registered

Postby hickybank » March 18th, 2013, 5:09 pm

Last edited by hickybank on March 18th, 2013, 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hickybank
Registered

Postby chicken_hot_pot² » March 18th, 2013, 6:56 pm

:hug: :luv:

Your photos are very spring like Terry, way ahead of us now. :o

If you click on my last link you'll get what I've uploaded recently. :)
chicken_hot_pot²
Registered

Postby uschi » March 18th, 2013, 8:04 pm

Happy Anniversary Ann and Terry!!! Well done!!! :kneel: :kneel: :kneel:

Off to look at your pictures.
Last edited by uschi on March 18th, 2013, 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
uschi
Registered

Postby Mamta » March 18th, 2013, 8:12 pm

:cocktail: :cocktail: :cocktail:
Mamta
Registered

Postby uschi » March 18th, 2013, 8:51 pm

Lovely crocus and daffs, Terry! Did you buy your Ann a few daffs to take home?? ;)

Jane, Bonnie looks so cosy!

I like your spooky buildings. Which effect did you use to get them like that, please???

The hydrangea is beautiful as is the "punk" moss.

And what a lovely majolika sign!!!

And I do love your medical exhibition!!! Very steampunk!!! ;) ;) ;)

I have finally gathered my crafts fair pictures, but I'll put them into a thread of their own instead of swamping this thread.

Next Thursday at the photoclub it's street vistas ... well, I didn't manage to get out when the sun put in a short appearance.
So I tried for this one.

Not sharp enough for the club, but I shall try again later. I'm sure I'll get a nice picture sometime and show it at a different occasion.

Not a great picture, but what I saw at the till of our supermarket, right on a child's eye-level might make you smile. Marzipan things.

And here a few things I bought at the fair.

uschi
Registered

Postby hickybank » March 18th, 2013, 9:15 pm

Thanks everyone for your good wishes we have had a nice day just had a nice meal & sitting down with wine & chocolates :drool: :drool:

I bought Ann a Kindle fire so that has kept her amused today

Love the Pigs Uschi I see what you mean :oops: :oops: & your night shot willbe good if you sharpen it as you say.

Jane great pic I have left comments on flickr,
Back to chocolates & wine now, look in tomorrow

Thanks again
Terry
hickybank
Registered

Postby uschi » March 18th, 2013, 9:18 pm

Enjoy!!!! :D :D :D
uschi
Registered

Postby chicken_hot_pot² » March 18th, 2013, 9:42 pm

chicken_hot_pot²
Registered

Postby chicken_hot_pot² » March 20th, 2013, 10:22 pm

The last few photo from the exhibition I went to, not many.
chicken_hot_pot²
Registered

Postby uschi » March 20th, 2013, 10:40 pm

Wonderful exhibition!!!
I do like such nostalgic little gems. It's just sad that the cause for them to have been brought over to Europe was so sad.

BTW, Johnson and Johnson produced in Wuppertal for decades, but no more. Mind you, they were not driven out with weapons. ;) ;) ;)
uschi
Registered

Postby chicken_hot_pot² » March 21st, 2013, 9:24 pm

Thanks Uschi, it was interesting. Plus the extra information from you is an added bonus. :)

It didn't rain today and I got out. Some of what I saw, plus a few others.
chicken_hot_pot²
Registered

Postby hickybank » March 21st, 2013, 9:45 pm

Good photo's of the exhibition but how sad we cannot all live in peace together, but nice to see Spring is not far away, nothing from me but I now have Photoshop ant the equipment to put my slides onto digital ( I have around 3000) just need to find out how it all works :lol:
hickybank
Registered

Postby chicken_hot_pot² » March 21st, 2013, 9:51 pm

chicken_hot_pot²
Registered

Postby uschi » March 21st, 2013, 10:56 pm

Love that dog, she is such a sweetie! And how far your Japanese quinces are!!! Ours are still tightly budded and covered in ice.

We had lots of snow yesterday, so I set forth this morning to snap a few wintry images.

uschi
Registered

Postby hickybank » March 21st, 2013, 11:16 pm

OMG that means we ae goingto get it next, great photo's though Uschi, the frost & Catkins are my favourite
hickybank
Registered

Postby uschi » March 21st, 2013, 11:21 pm

You are going to get it next, yes. The question is, will you get our weather or that of the North Germans ... I hope you'll get ours - for your sake. ;)

Thanks!
uschi
Registered

PreviousNext

Return to The Coffee Shop