[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Wildfood.info • View topic - Your favourite photo.s

Your favourite photo.s

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Your favourite photo.s

Postby hickybank » September 8th, 2010, 10:35 am

Morning all

Thought it might be nice to start a thread where you can post your favourite pictures for all to see, (Foodie or otherwise)
I will start off with a couple I have taken this year, it will also tell what my other hobby is

http://i912.photobucket.com/albums/ac32 ... 0_4791.jpg

http://i912.photobucket.com/albums/ac32 ... 0_4051.jpg

cheers
Terry
Common sense is not so common
A brain is as strong as it's weakest think
hickybank
Registered

Re: Your favourite photo.s

Postby chools » September 8th, 2010, 10:42 am

Nice idea Terry

Here is one of mine

I have no problem in pressing the shutter button on the camera, and can even manage to upload OK onto the computer, but when it comes to naming, editing, and uploading to the likes of Flickr I'm the worlds worst!

KrC
chools

Postby PurpleLuv » September 8th, 2010, 10:50 am

A big hobby of mine too :D
Attachments
Picture 09 035b.jpg
PurpleLuv
Global Moderator

Postby hickybank » September 8th, 2010, 5:28 pm

Thanks chools & Purpleluv for your pictures, lovely use of light in both of them

Heres another one for you, the Butterfly is a Silver Washed Frittilery

http://i912.photobucket.com/albums/ac32 ... 0_3628.jpg

Please feel free to share some more with us.

Cheers
terry
hickybank
Registered

Postby Monnikka » September 8th, 2010, 5:45 pm

Hi folks. Some super photos! Here's one of mine.

http://img339.imageshack.us/content_rou ... ia=mupload
Monnikka
Registered

Postby Suelle » September 8th, 2010, 5:57 pm

Hi Monnikka - I only get a sign-in page when I click on your link - not a photo!
Suelle
Global Moderator

Postby Suelle » September 8th, 2010, 6:00 pm

Here's one of my recent holiday photos. not sure if it's any good, but it's very representative of the holiday we had:

Suelle
Global Moderator

Postby hickybank » September 8th, 2010, 6:16 pm

Hi Suelle,
I got monnikkas picture o/k.

Just viewed yours & actually all 63 of your canada pictures are on there & some great pictures too, we are looking at going to canada, but are first forray into is is too expensve,

we were going to do Niagara Falls, them motor home for 5 weeks & finally 3 days in Vancouver, but with spending money we are looking at around £10,000 so need to have a huge re-think.

I need to sign off now as we are child watching at my sons house for the next 4 days so will catch up on Sunday
hickybank
Registered

Postby tezza » September 8th, 2010, 6:23 pm

You are a talented lot. Great photos.

I do dabble in a bit of photography but my photobucket account usually gets the better of me when I try to download and I lose my patience with it quite easily. I may have another go at the weekend now that this thread has been started.

Chools - your Findhorn photos reminded me of a fabulous holiday I had there when I was aged about 10. My uncle lived up there on a kind of commune. Is it still there do you know? I have never in my life seen so much snow! :shock: Wonderful place though.
tezza
Registered

Postby chools » September 8th, 2010, 6:33 pm

chools

Postby tezza » September 8th, 2010, 6:49 pm

tezza
Registered

Postby thenewf » September 8th, 2010, 7:15 pm

Hi Suelle

You have made me homesick :? but it doesn't look like you got to Newfoundland. You must try it next time. :D

Great photos.

ATB
thenewf
Registered

Postby Suelle » September 8th, 2010, 7:34 pm

Suelle
Global Moderator

Postby mum-at-the-oven » September 8th, 2010, 7:44 pm

Hi Sue, Have you or indeed anyone else on here considered the Trans Canadian Railway trip?

Although from flying to Vancouver it just looks like thousands of miles of prairie, I have heard that it's a brilliant journey albeit probably very expensive.
mum-at-the-oven
Registered

Postby spotteddick » September 8th, 2010, 8:10 pm

Hi mum!

I have thought about it, many times, Vancouver was my home port for 2 years in the early 70s and I always wanted to see the prairies, I have been up North and lived with the Inuts, a friend is actually working with them at the moment (IT teaching). I have done the Great Lakes up to Thunderbay and the St L Seaway, Thousand Islands. Montreal where our friend lives is a place I have always wanted to visit but never made it, though I have seen the lights at night whilst passing. I have promised myself I will one day travel across canada from one side to the other. This is now becoming a reality as retirement approaches. We have a few stopping off places on the way, Linda's best friend in Dublin is married to a vancouver Islander, I still have many friends in vancouver. Her niece is married to TV presenter from Channel 4 who's parents live in Thunderbay and if we are quick our friend in Montreal could be a stopping off place, but he is looking for a job in France. I think I will do it in a mobile home before I set of to Oz.

Cheers

Dick
Cheers

Dick

Just because you're wandering doesn't mean you're lost!!

http://spotteddick-itsallinthegame.blogspot.com/
spotteddick
Registered

Postby spotteddick » September 8th, 2010, 8:43 pm

Here are a few that will make you think!

http://img836.imageshack.us/slideshow/w ... 20213w.jpg

:cry:

Dick
Cheers

Dick

Just because you're wandering doesn't mean you're lost!!

http://spotteddick-itsallinthegame.blogspot.com/
spotteddick
Registered

Postby Monnikka » September 9th, 2010, 6:53 am

I've never had it show only a thumb before. Perhaps the image was too big. Here's another:
Attachments
Africa, Aloes at Mpumalanga.jpg
Monnikka
Registered

Postby Tatihou » September 9th, 2010, 7:10 am

Dragonfly newly emerged from it's exuvia (nymph casing) earlier in the summer, down at the pond. The casing splits down the back and over the course of several hours, the dragonfly emerges, unwraps itself, does a sort of back handstand to unfurl from the casing and then hangs there for a few more hours, to allow the body and wings to dry out in the open air before setting off to find a mate.
Last edited by Tatihou on September 9th, 2010, 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tatihou
Registered

Postby PurpleLuv » September 9th, 2010, 7:18 am

What a tallented bunch :D :hi5:
PurpleLuv
Global Moderator

Postby mum-at-the-oven » September 9th, 2010, 8:22 am

Hi Dick,
I do sincerely hope you get to realise your dream trip sometime soon. I have to confess I would love to do the TCR but don't think it will ever be likely so if you manage will you post some photos please?
mum-at-the-oven
Registered

Postby hickybank » September 9th, 2010, 1:23 pm

Some years ago I photographed the life cycle of the Dragonfly, it took two years to complete, photographing underwater as a larvae to emerging as in your great picture, sadly mine are all on slide so I cannot post them on here to share with you,
Do you have any more?

Anyway to keep the post picture related heres a couple more

Mute Swan displaying
http://i912.photobucket.com/albums/ac32 ... 0_3865.jpg
Peacock Butterfly
http://i912.photobucket.com/albums/ac32 ... 0_3433.jpg

cheers
terry
hickybank
Registered

Postby PurpleLuv » September 9th, 2010, 1:43 pm

PurpleLuv
Global Moderator

Postby chools » September 9th, 2010, 1:49 pm

chools

Postby hickybank » September 9th, 2010, 1:58 pm

hickybank
Registered

Postby hickybank » September 9th, 2010, 2:08 pm

Nice one Chools, love the sunsets,
Your first picture (Culbin)is a Speckled Wood butterfly ( don't know if you knew or not.
I assume late in the season as it is a little ragged.

I have posted a picture for you to compare

http://i912.photobucket.com/albums/ac32 ... 0_3574.jpg

cheers Terry
hickybank
Registered

Postby chools » September 9th, 2010, 2:21 pm

chools

Postby Catherine » September 10th, 2010, 12:04 am

This is one of my mums favourite photos. It was taken by my sister
Attachments
38513_1491128392377_1059016327_1424340_3196586_n.jpg
Catherine
Registered

Postby Tatihou » September 10th, 2010, 4:07 am

Tatihou
Registered

Postby scullion » September 10th, 2010, 9:34 am

this is my pic of a glow worm from a couple of months ago!

forage,mandy's and glowworms copy025.JPG

and i'll match your mute and raise you 7!

narrowboat 1810copy 240.JPG
scullion
Registered

Postby snowy » September 10th, 2010, 12:05 pm

What lovely photos.
This is one of my favourite.

And this is one of our local area, the marais poitevin.

snowy
Registered

Postby hickybank » September 10th, 2010, 12:32 pm

Some more great photo's today,I'm loving them.
Swans make such a good subject, there so majestic, I was photographing some yesterday, but away from home so cannot process yet.

Also nice to see pictures from around Europe.
Snowy I think that is a Hoopee isn't it, not something you will see in the UK.

Keep the pictures coming, any form further afield ?

Cheers
Terry
hickybank
Registered

Postby Monnikka » September 10th, 2010, 1:04 pm

Hoopoe, pronounced hoopoo. You do occasionally spot them in England:

http://www.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/birdgui ... index.aspx
Monnikka
Registered

Postby Monnikka » September 10th, 2010, 1:24 pm

I've created an album with the images I've already posted and added another:

http://img52.imageshack.us/slideshow/we ... bridge.jpg

Hope that works!
Monnikka
Registered

Postby hickybank » September 10th, 2010, 1:26 pm

hickybank
Registered

Postby Monnikka » September 10th, 2010, 1:39 pm

Come on down! The cider's grand :lol: :lol: :lol:
Monnikka
Registered

Postby snowy » September 10th, 2010, 2:56 pm

Just had to post this one as I love these - they're called 'baudets de Poitou' and they were becoming endangered, but there's now a breeding programme for them.
There are 5 of them in the field in our hamlet.

This one is called Vinci.
snowy
Registered

Postby chools » September 10th, 2010, 3:57 pm

chools

Postby hickybank » September 10th, 2010, 5:57 pm

hickybank
Registered

Postby chools » September 10th, 2010, 6:40 pm

chools

Postby Monnikka » September 11th, 2010, 2:19 pm

Here I am again! Still haven't got the hang of this. The last two I uploaded don't seem to have joined the rest.......anyway, here''s some wildlife! :P

http://img835.imageshack.us/i/twobeesondahlia.jpg/
Monnikka
Registered

Postby Fiona » September 11th, 2010, 2:46 pm

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/6686/p ... er2010.jpg

Walked along here this morning.......

Fiona :)
Fiona
Registered

Postby hickybank » September 11th, 2010, 2:57 pm

Interesting Castle Fiona, where is it?

To keep it on track heres mine for today

http://i912.photobucket.com/albums/ac32 ... 0_3375.jpg
hickybank
Registered

Postby hickybank » September 11th, 2010, 3:02 pm

hickybank
Registered

Postby Sian » September 11th, 2010, 3:20 pm

Not sure if this will work.......

[IMG]http://i465.photobucket

Sian xx
Well behaved women rarely make history.....
Sian
Registered

Postby Sian » September 11th, 2010, 3:22 pm

No, it didnt :lol: :lol:

Back to the drawing board....!!

(It was a lovely view as well ;) !)

Sian xx
Sian
Registered

Postby hickybank » September 11th, 2010, 3:26 pm

merchlleyn
On photo bucket
hover over the picture you want to post

3 boxes should light up,
click on the direct link box, then paste onto here

If no boxes light up click on your picture to bring it up to full screen, & the same 3 boxws shoud be on the left, follow as abive.

good luck

Terry
hickybank
Registered

Postby Sian » September 11th, 2010, 3:40 pm

Ok - one last try :lol:

http://i465.photobucket.com/albums/rr17 ... y/0702.jpg

Lets see if that works
(no match for the wonderful photos already posted - but not bad for a 'point and shoot camers and photographer!!)

Sian x
Sian
Registered

Postby hickybank » September 11th, 2010, 3:44 pm

Well done merchlleyn

Thats a lovely picture, where was it?

Terry
hickybank
Registered

Postby Sian » September 11th, 2010, 3:48 pm

Sian
Registered

Postby Sian » September 11th, 2010, 3:53 pm

Last 3 - 1)Tudwal Islands taken from some small beach on the Lleyn (cant remember which one... :roll: )

2) Same beach!

3) Great Orme

Sian xx

(off to find some of my flower photos..................- you have been warned :lol: :lol: )
Sian
Registered

Next

Return to The Coffee Shop