[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Wildfood.info • View topic - what have you baked today?

what have you baked today?

This is the place where the bakers hang out. Cakes and breads abound.

Re: what have you baked today?

Postby Herbidacious » November 17th, 2019, 6:11 pm

It's not often I make an appearance on this thread!

I made some lemon biscuits. I used the Jamie Oliver recipe. Would prefere them to be a bit more lemony. Maybe with some peel in them too, but not sure if that would work with the 'cookie' stamps. Considering drizzling white choclate on the backs.

This is batch no.1

49080105021_973987bb10_c.jpg

Could have cooked them a smidge longer.

Also made some sausage rolls - Linda McCartney with smoked chilli marmalade, and emmental and smoked parprika in the pastry. More construction than cooking.

Might make some with stuffing and fried onions next time.
“In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer." Albert Camus
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » November 17th, 2019, 9:11 pm

They look lovely. I can just imagine the nice lemony taste :chops:.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » November 17th, 2019, 9:25 pm

Thank you, EM!

I just coated them with some white (cooking) chocolate that husband bought by mistake on his French trip. I am hoping this will enhance them rather than otherwise. I think I will take them into work.

The sausage rolls have nearly gone :o
“In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer." Albert Camus
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Seatallan » November 18th, 2019, 1:51 pm

They're gorgeous Herbi! Love the stamps.... :luv:
Food, Felines and Fells (in no particular order)
Seatallan
Registered

Postby scullion » November 18th, 2019, 2:15 pm

two short baguettes baked by the sun.
scullion
Registered

Postby suffolk » November 30th, 2019, 3:20 pm

pic of soda bread small.jpg
pic of soda bread small.jpg (36.33 KiB) Viewed 454 times

Wholemeal soda bread to Darina Allen's recipe, but using whey from homemade yoghurt rather than buttermilk ... hopefully it'll be delicious with chunky bacon hock and pea soup for supper (it's currently chuntering in the crockpot).

Sorry it's on its side ... I'm still mastering the software on this new laptop.
“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
suffolk
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » November 30th, 2019, 3:29 pm

Ooh that looks lovely!
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby KC2 » March 10th, 2020, 12:41 pm

Swedish marzipan toscakaka: https://www.theguardian.com/food/2020/f ... ake-recipe

I started a thread on it as I needed some advice if you're interested in hearing more about it (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17305)

It is dense and tasty!
Attachments
Finished toscakaka.jpg
Finished toscakaka.jpg (38.97 KiB) Viewed 315 times
KC2
Registered

Postby aero280 » March 13th, 2020, 12:16 pm

Bread and a maltloaf
aero280
Site Admin

Postby miss mouse » March 14th, 2020, 10:39 am

It looks vv good KC2.
miss mouse
Registered

Postby KC2 » March 14th, 2020, 3:08 pm

KC2
Registered

Postby suffolk » March 20th, 2020, 11:56 am

While the oven was hot from baking the bread this morning, I made a batch of these https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/oat ... in-cookies ... I'd not made them before, but thought as we had the ingredients in the cupboard and as we definitely hadn't included biscuits with our first online Morrisons' order which should arrive later today, a few little sweet treats might be in order ... they're really tasty ... very pleased with them.
“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
suffolk
Registered

Postby suffolk » March 20th, 2020, 12:03 pm

Here they are

IMG_1592.JPG
suffolk
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » March 20th, 2020, 2:10 pm

Mmm, they look nice Suffs! :chops:
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby suffolk » March 20th, 2020, 2:13 pm

OH approves :D
suffolk
Registered

Postby KC2 » March 20th, 2020, 2:17 pm

:chops: :chops: :chops: :chops:
KC2
Registered

Postby suffolk » March 20th, 2020, 3:16 pm

It's a very simple recipe :tu:
suffolk
Registered

Postby dennispc » March 21st, 2020, 12:38 pm

White loaves.jpg

This morning’s bake, only posted because the one on the left is mostly Waitrose Canadian strong flour and on the right Aldi’s bread flour. Feel of the dough was quite different, Waitrose much lighter and easier to stretch than the other, which was harder to push away and fighting me as I shaped it. Same mix for both and timings, similar tins, Waitrose came out larger.

Didn’t have quite enough Waitrose flour for the first one, so topped up with Aldi. Wish I’d taken a photo, as Aldi was pure white, Waitrose relatively dark.

Chicken sandwich for lunch. Nice. :D
Every day is a good day, it's just that some days are better than others.
dennispc
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » March 21st, 2020, 1:27 pm

They look really lovely :chops: - lucky you to have enough flour!
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » March 21st, 2020, 8:28 pm

Rhubarb pie :)
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby miss mouse » March 22nd, 2020, 8:53 am

miss mouse
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » March 22nd, 2020, 2:46 pm

No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Previous

Return to The Bakers Oven